Walden Farms - Chocolate peanut spread - no calories????

Options
Is this true? I looked it up on here, but how can it be calorie free???? If so i need to buy!

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    That has to be wrong lol
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Or maybe it is no calories...but what is up with the ingredients lol
    bo5q7kynoif9.gif
  • cbear729
    cbear729 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :o:o I need to buy me some!
  • hanajbanana
    hanajbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think anything less than 5 cals per serving they are allowed to call calorie free, so it depends what they are claiming 'one serving' is and whether you can stick to just that!

I use Walden Farms caramel dip to add some extra flavour to overnight oats or chia pots (again, just a small teaspoon so probs <3 cals) but what I would say is that the Walden Farm range has very mixed reviews and a lot of people find it very chemically tasting. Even I can't stand the caramel dip by itself (even a tiny amount on the tip of my tongue does something weird to my tastebuds and tastes like burnt plastic) but I think this is because the articificial sweeteners they use are very strong - mixed with food it's lovely. I also hear the pancake syrup is good but a lot of the range is bad - maybe check out Amazon for reviews if you're thinking about trying?

A lot of people refuse to use these sort of products as they feel they're too manufactured and not 'proper food', but I personally don't feel it does me any harm in small quantities and it keeps me under my cal goals...
  • hanajbanana
    Options
    *less than 3 cals (forgot the less than arrow and a three make a heart - oops!)
  • cbear729
    cbear729 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for helping me out! I am going to read the reviews first. I have not long started out on my journey, and I have a sweet tooth, so perhaps using this will help keep my calories low and through time I will probably not need as much 'sweet fix' :smiley:
  • sryan921
    sryan921 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Funny, because I just bought Walden Farms zero cal ranch dressing last night and just can't believe I found it. I had no clue they had other products! I agree with Hana... in small quantities I don't see the problem - bring it on!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    cbear729 wrote: »
    Thank you for helping me out! I am going to read the reviews first. I have not long started out on my journey, and I have a sweet tooth, so perhaps using this will help keep my calories low and through time I will probably not need as much 'sweet fix' :smiley:

I've heard everything they have tastes like week old homeless persons bed cardboard.

Not worth the 0 calorie trade off to me.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    FRANKENFOOD!!!!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Or maybe it is no calories...but what is up with the ingredients lol
    bo5q7kynoif9.gif

Disgusting
  • hanajbanana
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I've heard everything they have tastes like week old homeless persons bed cardboard.

Haha - fair enough! I wouldn't touch some of the products from the reviews but honestly I do like the caramel dip, it's tasty and without a hint of homeless person that I can detect... Although, I have been on a diet for some time, so maybe my taste buds have gone crazy!
  • JoRocka
    Options

Haha - fair enough! I wouldn't touch some of the products from the reviews but honestly I do like the caramel dip, it's tasty and without a hint of homeless person that I can detect... Although, I have been on a diet for some time, so maybe my taste buds have gone crazy!

there's homeless person cardboard in almost every product that says low fat- I can promise you- Iv'e done lots of peer reviewed research on the subject.

I'll present my findings to the MFP board of reviewers when I finally finish up my report.

<scoutshonor>
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Pretty much. And let's not even try to describe the texture. Half-dried glue, maybe?

• JoRocka
    Options

Pretty much. And let's not even try to describe the texture. Half-dried glue, maybe?

yeah- that sounds about right.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    homeless bed cardboard glue.

yeah- that's it.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

^^This. Except worse, and an insult to homeless people. True story.

I'm not picky, nor am I skerred of chemicalz--heck I LIKE sugar free sweets like chocolate puddings and sugar free yogurts and diet colas. But Walden Farms--heck to the NO! I'll make room (without compromising nutrition) for a real chocolate thing (especially important for me around my period).
  • lmann72
    lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Also understand that its full of chemicals - that's why it can be low/no calories. Some people make that decision to compromise whole foods for additions to their diets. No judgement - just think about that when you're eating it.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms is gross. Eat real peanut butter, real cocoa. Keep amounts inline with calorie goal. Be happy. Profit.
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I threw out a whole bottle of the "Alfredo Sauce".....barf...had consistency of flavoured water.
  • reachingforarainbow
    Options
    The only thing I've tried that I can stand is their salad dressing, but I've only tried the marshmallow dip and chocolate peanut butter spread. It just tastes so off.