BMI Progress

Options
As of my daily weigh-in this morning, I am no longer morbidly obese (as defined by AMA, CDC statistics for BMI do not recognize this sub-category). Still a long way to go to hit goal to lose 100 lbs. before my b-day in June but I am well on my way with a 60 lb loss through today.

For those wanting to know how I achieved my results, I did it through:
  • Daily logging (my wife thinks I am obsessed with the food scale as I weigh everything I eat when I am at home)
  • Focus on exercise with a combination of cardio (3 days/week) and strength training (3 days/week)
  • Using a personal trainer once a month to guide me in learning new strength training routines and planning my workouts for the month

There certainly were bumps along the way, especially the holidays but the key was getting back on track with daily logging and exercise and not letting one bad meal or one bad day snowball into giving up and gaining the weight back. When I get to my goal in June I will reassess and set a new goal as I know even after losing 100 lbs. I will still not be where I want to be.

Replies

• hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I was so excited to get out of the obese category--it is a fantastic feeling. Sounds like you are on-track for long term success.
  • Body_4_Life
    Body_4_Life Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant... Well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!