110 lbs lost in 6 months on MFP - Pics to Follow

Options
slapshotgolf
slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
Well I reached my mini-goal this morning when I clocked in at 269.8 lbs. I wanted to get to a nice rounded 110 lb loss mark for my 6 month (semi) anniversary, so it looks like the jogging the last couple of nights paid off. I ran into a couple of acquainances who hadn't seen me since last fall, and they're jaws dropped when they saw me. Its to the point now where people are quickly following up their "you look great comment" with "are you feeling ok?" - I completely understand - this kind of rapid weight loss isn't always related to good news - but thankfully I have nothing but hard work and determination to thank for these results. I have almost trashed my entire wardrobe save a few items - I've lost 12 inches from my waist and I'm pulling out clothes from the back of the closet, some with tags still on them, that I probably bought 5 years ago with hopes of one day wearing. Thankfully men's fashion doesn't change that much, and black jeans are always that - black jeans.

For anyone reading this who is just starting out - you can do unbelievable things in just 6 months. The largest obstacles for many are mental, rather than physical. Just to set your head straight -

1. This is not a race. It took years to gain the weight you have to lose. It will take less time to lose it, but it won't happen overnight. You can move a mountain, one stone at a time (old proverb).

2. It's okay if you stumble, and maybe even fall. We have to choose to get up again. Have a bad "food" day - who cares, start again tomorrow. You can't undo weeks of good with one bad day. Get on the horse again tomorrow!

3. You don't need to do anything drastic. Eat everything you want, in moderation. Count and track all of your calories, good or bad. Read up on some nutritional information.

4. Build your support network. Great people here at MFP. Support one another, hold each other accountable as well. Send out a request for friends, peiple are gracious with their time here.

5. Exercise. Do what you can as often as you can. Even if its just walking in the beginning. Graduate to more strenuous exercises as your body gets more fit.

6. You are worth it. Make the sacrifices. You will look back and only ask yourself why you didn't start earlier.

Thanks everyone - SSG.

Will upload pics later today -

Replies

• MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great story and even greater advice! Can't wait to see pix of the new you!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Your progress is phenominal - thanks for the encouragement!! YOU are awesome!! Keep up the GREAT work!!
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a fantastic weight loss! I am so proud of you adn what an insirtation you have become to others... anything is possible when you put you mind to it. I love your "You can move a mountain, one stone at a time (old proverb)." Thats a great saying! congratulations on your new body!
    ~Jessica
  • jocelynlewis
    Options
    I Love This!!! Thanks for the pick me up!!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    You are inspiring. Thank you and Way to go!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    my hero!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Excellent success story and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am PROUD of you!!!!
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    thank you soooooo much for the motivation.... I am needing to loose over 200lbs and everytime i think long term i feel like this will never happen... I have to look at it in the smaller picture but knowing it can be done (w/o surgery or pills) really helps motivate me... I printed your tips and have hung them on my desk... Keep up the awesome work!
  • smvamp
    smvamp Posts: 32
    Options
    great job. you inspire me to push forward, and not give up. Keep up the amazing work!:wink:
  • chaobabie
    chaobabie Posts: 64
    Options
    wow!! such a long journey and you have come so far! doing good!!
  • shantaraw
    shantaraw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!! Your story is such an inspiration and great job on your consistency!!!!! I myself has lost 100 lbs and I can totally relate to your story! This is indeed a journey, but a worthwhile one! Keep up the good work and I look forward to following your journey!!!!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. Great advice too. I look forward to the pics.

I am hoping to reach 100 lbs by my 6 months.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    So inspiring - that's what I love about MFP - I don't feel alone in my journey. You have done such a great job and I agree with all of your suggestions. It's what works. Good luck in reaching your next goal. We'll be right there with you.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results - man you are working so hard at it - and the results show that - I am in awe of your workout ethic!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!