Whey Protein

Options
kgillikin
kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for a Whey Protein Powder and how to make it? I tried Jay Robb's Chocolate last night. First of all I really dont like sweet things. It tasted like I was drinking cake batter. Way to sweet and it made me feel a little sick to my stomach. I drink it right after I workout.

Replies

• kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is my favorite brand.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of the flavors that I have tried either, but I make myself drink them anyway....
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    If you're not used to eating after a workout, you will probably feel a little sick after drinking any protein drink. I was the same way for the first couple of weeks but now my body is used to it. I drink EAS 100% whey protein or EAS Myoplex lite chocolate cream protein powder. They aren't that sweet, to me at least.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Love me some Optimum Nutrition!

Check out amazon.com for the ON 100% Whey...they have a ton more flavors than my supplement superstore. Maybe you will find one that is not so sweet.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Vanilla and mix it with OJ, a banana, and Coconut milk. My isn't really sweet, but mixed with the right thing has a pleasant flavor and smooth texture.
  • drobb821
    drobb821 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm not sure about Whey Protein exactly. I use EAS - Myoplex Soy Protein. It's a chocolate mix, but it's not that sweet. Just enough flavor to take away from the protein taste. It has 20g per 8 oz., so it's not overly filled with protein, but it's given me a bit of muscle tone without adding weight.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I bought mine at the bulk food store where its about $15 / lb instead of $30 a pound at the health-food stores, it has no flavour itself that I've noticed when adding to my smoothies, or oatmeal or whatever I want it in.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with milk and a banana (frozen) sometimes throw peanut butter in it.
  • sushilicious
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition rocks my socks off. But if you want to be strict about what is in your protein, try www.trueprotein.com where you can customize your own.
  • mpurkis
    mpurkis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels Whey Protein powder - triple chocolate flavor. It's not overly sweet or "whey-tasting". I mix it with 1 cup fat free milk most of the time, sometimes I chuck in some fruit, but it's definitely drinkable.
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    You can get unflavored and put it in stuff if you'd rather.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I use EAS Whey protein Vanilla. I buy it at Target for $21 for 2lbs. I use to blend it with chocolate milk and i use to think of it as a marshmallow. But to reduce the calories I switched to silk almond milk and it taste SOOOO much better! I dont think its super sweet at all. Taste really good. I have been thinking of adding alittle cinnamon to it but keep forgetting.
  • missnikkiee
    missnikkiee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get the Whey Protein from Costco if you have that around where you live...it's pretty good... It's pretty low in calories and sugar intake....check it out if you can...taste like chocolate milk =)
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels Whey Protein the chocolate flavor I put it in my oatmeal or skim milk and I think it taste pretty good. I got mine at Walmart for $10!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You can get unflavored and put it in stuff if you'd rather.

I haven't been able to find any of the unflavored kind in stores.....just online and I would rather not buy it that way....
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Check the bulk food section of your grocer or find a bulk food store where you can buy just the amount of an item you want, mine from the bulk store sure tastes unflavoured.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i love jay robb egg white one i dont do whey my body does not like it. there also syntrax whey protein comes in tons of flavors i dont care for it but most seem to.
  • ladiluvbug83
    ladiluvbug83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Strawberry and add Dole frozen strawberry, banana, peaches. It is low fat, low carb, and high protien and the price is not hard on the wallet.

Sarah :drinker:
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels whey protein in plain almond milk it's not that sweet and it's very low in sugar. Only 2 grams I believe. You need something low in sugar. Also Designer Whey is very good.