Cravings

Options
How do you overcome cravings?

Replies

• emilyspeight97
    Options
    I constantly crave unhealthy food at college such as chocolate and crisps! I try drink a lot of water because somtimes you're not actually hungry you just need a big drink of water! You'll realise the difference and even though it's not what you wanted, it still makes you feel better for picking the healthier thing! X
  • mulahhjessy
    mulahhjessy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will try this! Thank you :D
  • Personally for me chewing gum- it leaves a taste in your mouth and keeps your mouth busy so when someone offers you unhealthy food (or you stumble across a shop with a really tasty cake) the taste in your mouth will be too strong to eat it- it's like brushing your teeth and eating straight away.. Never that pleasant
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I chug water. then I would feel to bloated to eat that 3 Musketeer Chocolate bar. Love that stuff!
  • mulahhjessy
    Options
    I agree on the gum method! It really does help with cravings I definitely have to go to the store soon to buy some ^-^
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I try the water first. If it doesn't work then I think about the snack I want to determine is it salty or sweet. If it is sweet I pick up an orange or an apple to see if that will kick the urge. If it is salty I will try a salty healthy food. Most of the time it works to end the craving.
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    gum and water! also, if you reaaally need to snack on something, a rice cake with pb and banana or dried cranberries is an awesome snack.
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Been taking baby carrots with me, taste like crap when eating it plain, so there goes the sweet craving. Can try raw strawberries and/or blueberries. Both sweet and are good for you. Also bought me some EAS-15. At 100 calories per serving, can fill you up without giving that bloated feeling. great for pre workout as well.
  • mulahhjessy
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you for the insight of how you guys dodge your cravings I will try them and hopefully they will help ^-^
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Personally for me chewing gum- it leaves a taste in your mouth and keeps your mouth busy so when someone offers you unhealthy food (or you stumble across a shop with a really tasty cake) the taste in your mouth will be too strong to eat it- it's like brushing your teeth and eating straight away.. Never that pleasant

What she said. :)
  • mulahhjessy
    Options
    I love strawberries! I think fruit is a good idea for snacks :D
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Fruits are great, but if you're counting sugar, they will go high. I mean, that's what MFP keeps telling. Been in the red for sugar for weeks now lol
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If I crave something I have it. Just a small serving of it and make sure it fits in my macros...craving solved.
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks are going to save me from temptations!