Around 5'4" women....

Options

Replies

• kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh and what size are you in?
    I know it all depends on the body shape as well but people found it weird that i am in a size 8 (as of today i can fit them! Still a bit snug but i'll take it)
    I'm 158lbs and working out like crazy, i know i've been losing more inches than weight. I wore a size 8 jean all day today, It made me feel great and i know it will keep me on track.
    When i first started here i was 178lbs and at the very end of the overweight category, right now i'm in the middle at 27.1.

Anyways, my goal was to fit into my old jeans again, accomplished but i still have some pounds to go as i want to be in the middle of a healthy bmi range.
    Input?

I'm 5 ft 3 145 lbs and a Size 4 in american eagles jeans but i have (centeral obesity) the apple shape so my hips are an inch less than my largest part of my tummy so it all really depends on where u carry your weight (i understand where you are coming from tho i wear the same size jeans as my friend that is 5 ft 8 and 139lbs so i weigh 6lbs more but am alot shorter so its suprising) and when i was 158 i think i wore an 8 in american eagle jeans so your good u prob. just hold ur weight in a dif. place
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Wow...everyone sounds soooo tiny!! I'm 5'4 1/2". I'm currently 245lbs and it's killing me to be this big. My husband tells me its' just because I had a baby in December but that doesn't seem like an excuse to me. Not really sure what size I wear anymore as I'm usually just wearing his clothes around the house. I think/hope I still fit a Canadian size 18w pant though and will wear anything from on XL up for shirts...

Don't worry you'll get there too :)
    Pregnancy hormones will play havoc with your body so be kind to yourself, eat healthy, fit in a bit of exercise and time will take care of it!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh and what size are you in?
    I know it all depends on the body shape as well but people found it weird that i am in a size 8 (as of today i can fit them! Still a bit snug but i'll take it)
    I'm 158lbs and working out like crazy, i know i've been losing more inches than weight. I wore a size 8 jean all day today, It made me feel great and i know it will keep me on track.
    When i first started here i was 178lbs and at the very end of the overweight category, right now i'm in the middle at 27.1.

Anyways, my goal was to fit into my old jeans again, accomplished but i still have some pounds to go as i want to be in the middle of a healthy bmi range.
    Input?

I'm 5 ft 3 145 lbs and a Size 4 in american eagles jeans but i have (centeral obesity) the apple shape so my hips are an inch less than my largest part of my tummy so it all really depends on where u carry your weight (i understand where you are coming from tho i wear the same size jeans as my friend that is 5 ft 8 and 139lbs so i weigh 6lbs more but am alot shorter so its suprising) and when i was 158 i think i wore an 8 in american eagle jeans so your good u prob. just hold ur weight in a dif. place

Thanks for that!
  • turtleskye
    turtleskye Posts: 8
    Options
    I am 5'4 and was always around 145 or so and in a size 11. I was miserable lol but now after 3 kids and weighting 190, size 16 when i started MFP i would go back to that time with a big smile on my face lol. Well i wear a large to extra large in tops. I would say being big chested doesnt help but also my arms have gotten bigger making it difficult.Since starting MVP i have lost 10lbs and can definitely feel a difference in my clothes. Good luck to all us shorter girls !
  • misslashon
    misslashon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i wear a size 14 and i am now at 202 lbs.
  • SueLaboo
    SueLaboo Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5". At my heaviest I was 172 lbs and was wearing a 12-14. I am currently 130 lbs (9 months later) and am wearing a 3-5. I have 5 more lbs to go to get to the middle of my "healthy weight" and think I will still be comfortably in a size 3 at that point. It's weird though because even though I'm in a size that most women are envious of, I don't feel "tiny" like I used to when I was this size. I know alot has to do with the fact that I've had 2 kids and things aren't where they used to be, but it's a little disappointing. I'm still really proud of what I've accomplished these last 9 months though. I guess now that I've almost hit my goal, I'm going to have to start doing some weight training to get all the jiggly bits a little tighter! LOL
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 262 in a VERY tight 24W. I am 229.2 today (YAY out of 230s) and my size 20Ws are getting loose. Goal is about a size 8/10 which will be around 150. Then we'll see from there.
  • macdaddyyall
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and about 155. I think I wear a size 7 or 5 pair of jeans.... I have really muscular legs so I'm mainly losing stomach weight at this point and even though I'd like them smaller I don't think I could get them a whole lot smaller.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I actually used to fit into a size 7 before i got married!!! I'm hoping to get back to prehubby weight which was 140 but 145 would be great too!!! I actually have fit into a size 6 a couple months ago but they were still really tight which I didn't like and I was also about 8 lbs lighter to. I'm pretty large boned too and have some very muscular thighs and butt that usually makes me by a size bigger then what I need so the pants wont be skin tight on my butt and thighs, but then of course they ar baggy around the waist!!!
  • tldeclercq
    tldeclercq Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4" and currently weigh 168lbs. I wear a size 10 in jeans and carry all my weight in my abdomen and thighs. When I was in high school I weighed about 110 and wore a size 4 but was too skinny from looking at pictures now. My goal is to get done to about 135 and hopefully a size 6. When I started I weighed 181 and was in need of buying larger size pants. I have two boys so I'll be happy to even get to a comfortable size 8 at this point.
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I'm 5'3 at 182lbs. I'm in a 12/13, but hopefully getting smaller! Tops are medium to large...kind of busty up top, so like a little room!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I seem to go back and forth between 158 & 160lbs. I wear and 8 - 10 depending on the cut of the pants and the brands. I know I can walk into an Ann Taylor store and an 8 will be perfect. But if I go to Gap I need a 10. So all my pants are either 8 or 10 right now. My goal is 135. I will be a solid size 6. Been there once and I will be there again!!!

Good luck to you!!!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"

When I was 165 I was in a tight 12
    I'm 148 now and in a size 10 with no room to gain weight.

I don't know if I will ever get back into an 8...that would be awesome!
  • deepakris
    deepakris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 133.6 lbs. I wear around a six in jeans & usually a large in women's tops. Most of my excess fat is in my stomach/waist area & legs.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow this post is so interesting. It's funny how you're only an inch taller than me and eight pounds heavier, and yet you wear a smaller pant size!! I can't fit comfortably into size 8 jeans yet, so I'm currently wearing 10/ll in jeans and medium in gym/yoga pants. Also wear a medium on top, unless it runs small then I have to get a large. I'm 5'3", 149 pounds as of this morning. My measurements are 40" 31" 41". I carry a lot of weight in my boobs (34G) and my stomach I think. My goal is 130-135 and a size 6!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I seem to go back and forth between 158 & 160lbs. I wear and 8 - 10 depending on the cut of the pants and the brands. I know I can walk into an Ann Taylor store and an 8 will be perfect. But if I go to Gap I need a 10. So all my pants are either 8 or 10 right now. My goal is 135. I will be a solid size 6. Been there once and I will be there again!!!

Good luck to you!!!

Thanks, same to you!
  • poperbears
    poperbears Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 161 I wear a pant size 10 and shirt size large I had lost 20 pounds and was at around 140 in october but I gained it all back over the holidays , now that its summer I'm giving weight loss another shot . My goal is to be 130 . Any tips or exercise routine recommendations would be great. I did the Jilian micheals 30 day shred last time but I'm looking to switch it up.
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 154 lbs. When it comes to skinny jeans, I can squeeze into a size 8, but I would probably fit in more comfortably into a bigger size. This is because I'm bottom heavy. I've always had a big butt even when I was 128 lbs--and I gain weight it really goes to my love handles and butt! I don't have much of a stomach but whew... those love handles... :)
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, last week it said I was 157 lbs, I will weigh myself tomorrow. I wear a size 9 in jeans.
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently around 125 lb. All my old jeans was size 0 or 2 (depend on brand) and obviously I don't feet in them anymore. Bought new pair two month ago, size 4 and decided it is time to change back. I always were 90 cm in hips, and now I am 95 cm.