Hilarious "Dieting" idea from the past, does anyone remember this? Please share yours too.

Options

Replies

• loganboo2
    loganboo2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »

I'm sorry, I actually wrote that as a joke, because it was pretty huge in the 70's or 80's. I think Fran from The Nanny did it. But if it works, I'd give it a try.

WOW! I just laughed so hard at myself! People are probably thinking I'm an idiot that I didn't realize that was a joke, but it's really popular! There called homeade skinny wraps. Helps you lose inches and helps with strech marks!
  • jojosboys
    jojosboys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    By far the jell-o cotton balls is the most hilarious! !!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lol. That's a new one for me!

I never did anything too extreme, and never dieted growing up (thank God for my teen metabolism!) although when I was poor and in college I remember thinking "ramen" was a good go-to. I'd spend my precious money on ramen, and end up starving.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »
    "Adding rum would be a fun way to have these healthy shakes!"

Oh, young rand486, you were so naive...

Bahahahahaha! :smiley:

Sorry :flowerforyou:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Well, there was the Cambridge diet, the Cabbage Soup diet, Sugar Busters diet, Mayo clinic diet (you know....to prep you for heart surgery), the Master Cleanse (maple syrup, lemon juice and cayanne added to water), the three day diet and my fav- The HCG diet!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Those square candies, Ayds, I remember eating those.

The "liquid protein" diet...vile stuff. Three capfuls a day...
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Susan Powter and her fat-free "Stop the insanity" nonsense from the 90's. Dry baked potatoes, grilled chicken... Fat was your worst enemy. People everywhere were getting skinny and stupid from long term fat-free dieting. I'm so glad that's behind us.

I was on the Susan Powter bandwagon back in the day! I actually found a copy of the book at a garage sale a few years ago and bought it just to read it for old times sake. I remember standing in line at the store and a woman behind me saying, "so, technically, I can eat this entire bag of fat free circus peanuts and lose weight!"

• MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Check out these old Weight Watchers recipe cards that go with that crazy plan posted above. My favorite is Fluffy Mackerel Pudding. Do read the commentary but not with a mouth full of water or if you have to pee. Lol

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

If laughter is the best medicine that I should be over this cold by tonight.
    I wonder what the laughable diet ideas will be in 2060?

• tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    memelendy wrote: »
    I used to overshare (read: b*tch) a lot on facebook, and one day I made a complaint about my weight. One of my aunt's sisters (aunt by marriage, not blood) sent me a message telling me how she lost weight (she had lost a significant amount of weight).

She told me to only eat an apple for breakfast, a cup of maruchan noodles for lunch, and then for dinner I could eat whatever I wanted as long as it was only 500 calories.

I later found out she had a cocaine problem...so...I guess that helped, too.

Lol, so sorry for the aunt's addiction and hope she's well and healthy now, but dayum that was funny!

I remember "30 Rock" episode when Liz Lemon was dating a 20-year old and went to a club late one night with all the beautiful people. They were being served 'flavored oxygen' as an appetizer. I'd think you'd lose a significant amount of weight eating like that!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    memelendy wrote: »
    I used to overshare (read: b*tch) a lot on facebook, and one day I made a complaint about my weight. One of my aunt's sisters (aunt by marriage, not blood) sent me a message telling me how she lost weight (she had lost a significant amount of weight).

She told me to only eat an apple for breakfast, a cup of maruchan noodles for lunch, and then for dinner I could eat whatever I wanted as long as it was only 500 calories.

I later found out she had a cocaine problem...so...I guess that helped, too.

This made me laugh so hard. Ha!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I can remember my mom telling me that in the 70s, part of the plan for Weight Watchers required you to eat liver at least once a week. I just googled and found the plan here.

The more of that I read, the sadder I became.
  • RheaSilvia3
    RheaSilvia3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nutri-System in the 80s! We paid loads of money for horrible food. You lose weight because you can't eat it but you paid so much money that you won't buy more food!
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    How about something more recent? You can eat anything and everything you want, and all you have do is sprinkle Sensa on it first! Then, magically, you'll lose weight - http://youtu.be/Jy2sHt4K2rk