Strength exercises

Options
so I am entering strength training machines I am using but not seeing any calculations or calories burned on that. Is that right?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You can search strength training under "cardio" instead. The burn is very little. It is extremely hard to get an accurate estimate of calories burned during weight training.
  • qnewstart
    qnewstart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wear my Heart rate monitor during strength training. It gives a better estimate.
  • arditarose
    Options
    qnewstart wrote: »
    I wear my Heart rate monitor during strength training. It gives a better estimate.

No. Heart rate monitors were not meant for strength training.
  • qnewstart
    Options
    How else can you tell how much you burn during strength training? Is there a better way?
  • arditarose
    Options
    qnewstart wrote: »
    How else can you tell how much you burn during strength training? Is there a better way?

lol, unfortunately not really. It really doesn't burn very much at all. There's a complicated equation to figure it out I think, but I never gave it much thought. What I always did was log my cardio, and even though MFP overestimates it, I would eat it all back...knowing that if it was 50 or 100 calories too high, I would have burned about that strength training.
  • qnewstart
    Options
    Figures. Why should this be easy?
  • Elizabeth1074
    Options
    Thanks for feedback at least I know I am not missing something with the app
  • BrandNewMan1970
    BrandNewMan1970 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Try supersets working multiple muscle groups in rapid succession lighter weight higher reps with no rest. That will get your heart rate up. Do back and shoulders chest and legs no rest and rapid lighter sets. I promise you'll burn more calories doing thaT