After 50 wanting to lose 50.

Options
Hi all! I'm a little over 50 & would like to lose 50#. I want to stay focused & take it slow & steady. Anyone else?

Replies

• cindymcconnell1966
    Options
    Almost 50 and need to lose at least 50 - closer to 100 - no quick fix, need to develop some new habits!
  • happygrandma52
    happygrandma52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love to have you as a friend. I would also like to take it slow and stay focused.
  • debbiemoreland677
    debbiemoreland677 Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Great! I'm sorry, I'm new to this app & didn't realize I had a message! I'm having trouble staying focused on eating right. I became a widow in 2011 & it's so hard to cook for just me! Maybe we can hold each other up! Take care.
  • debbiemoreland677
    Options
    Hi! I love to have you as a friend. I would also like to take it slow and stay focused.

• cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello there I am 52 and would love to find some friends that want to support each other. I work in the water at a local y so I got the misfit shine. I really like it because it is water proof. I teach classes and yes big girls can be fit but I was not happy with myself. I started loosing a few pounds and then I found MFP which I really like since it can sync with my misfit. Lost 20 lbs so far but want to get of 50 more or close to it. I am eating clean for the most part lots of veggies and more exercise. The other thing I learned was water water water. I thought I dank enough but I didn't now I do. Of course it is more trips to the br but worth it. I also have to weigh in each day or I get off track. It is not so much that I need to loose each day. But trust me I can do a lot of damage in a week if I am not accountable. If any of you want to be friends with a person who checks in each day. Look me up. Let's do this. Gotta get in the pool in a few hours for class.
  • boiledpeanutlver
    boiledpeanutlver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    50 trying to lose 35. Just started. I walking 2-3 miles on the treadmill every day. Going to add some light free weights next week. Let's do this together!
  • debbiemoreland677
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work! I've changed some eating habits. I'm sticking to eating more protein & no snacking between meals. Hope your afternoon goes great!
  • cbradley903
    Options
    thought I dank enough but I didn't now I do. Of course it is more trips can do a lot of damage in a week if I am not accountable. If any of you want to be friends with a person who checks in each day. Look me up. Let's do this. Gotta get in the pool in a few hours for class. [/quote]
    Hello there I am 52 and would love to find some friends that want to support each other. I work in the water at a local y so I got the misfit shine. I really like it because it is water proof. I teach classes and yes big girls can be fit but I was not happy with myself. I started loosing a few pounds and then I found MFP which I really like since it can sync with my misfit. Lost 20 lbs so far but want to get of 50 more or close to it. I am eating clean for the most part lots of veggies and more exercise. The other thing I learned was water water water. I thought I dank enough but I didn't now I do. Of course it is more trips to the br but worth it. I also have to weigh in each day or I get off track. It is not so much that I need to loose each day. But trust me I can do a lot of damage in a week if I am not accountable. If any of you want to be friends with a person who checks in each day. Look me up. Let's do this. Gotta get in the pool in a few hours for
    50 trying to lose 35. Just started. I walking 2-3 miles on the treadmill every day. Going to add some light free weights next week. Let's do this together!

I sent you a friend request. I am not sure if I did it right. But I wod love to have a work out buddy. Look forward to hearing from you.
  • cbradley903
    Options
    What I need to loose..... Is what is holding me back. Live love laugh
  • debbiemoreland677
    Options
    I hear that! I'm just trying to stay positive & try to think about 1# at a time. Take care!
  • cbradley903
    Options
    Yes for me it is sometimes ounces at a time. But I will take them. I was trying to do a quote. Which I not doing very well with the forum boards. I do have some learning to do for sure. Hope your having a great day.
  • debbiemoreland677
    Options
    I'm not good at this site yet, so please bear with me also. Sounds to me like you are doing great! Stay positive & we will chat later
  • pjeanh
    pjeanh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well I started at 50, wanting to lose at least 50. I am now 53. A couple of backslides and I am back at it.
  • MVElf
    MVElf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, there. Just a note of encouragement. I started 2 years ago, lost my 35 pounds and am very pleased. Know it isn't quite 50, but I am only 60 inches tall so having my weight down to 105 is perfect. And, just for the record, I am 75. It isn't easy, I do 2 miles on the treadmill, set at it's highest incline. And that is it for me for exercise, though I do bowl twice a week. A woman needs some fun and friends. Still married to same guy, 55 years, and counting. Hang in there ladies, you can do it.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and have lost 117 with 133 to go. You can do this. It's never to late to get fit. Anyone can feel free to add me for additional support.
  • davidllg61
    Options
    In 53 I'm at 437.5 lbs and going down to 185. Love the water used to float but now I sink lol not for long water aerobics and 1 mile water walk evey day looking for friends to share my journey with. 252.5 lbs to go only weighing each week
  • jchoff59
    jchoff59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear that! I'm just trying to stay positive & try to think about 1# at a time. Take care!
    davidllg61 wrote: »
    In 53 I'm at 437.5 lbs and going down to 185. Love the water used to float but now I sink lol not for long water aerobics and 1 mile water walk evey day looking for friends to share my journey with. 252.5 lbs to go only weighing each week
    mvelf wrote: »
    Hi, there. Just a note of encouragement. I started 2 years ago, lost my 35 pounds and am very pleased. Know it isn't quite 50, but I am only 60 inches tall so having my weight down to 105 is perfect. And, just for the record, I am 75. It isn't easy, I do 2 miles on the treadmill, set at it's highest incline. And that is it for me for exercise, though I do bowl twice a week. A woman needs some fun and friends. Still married to same guy, 55 years, and counting. Hang in there ladies, you can do it.
    thought I dank enough but I didn't now I do. Of course it is more trips can do a lot of damage in a week if I am not accountable. If any of you want to be friends with a person who checks in each day. Look me up. Let's do this. Gotta get in the pool in a few hours for class.
    Hello there I am 52 and would love to find some friends that want to support each other. I work in the water at a local y so I got the misfit shine. I really like it because it is water proof. I teach classes and yes big girls can be fit but I was not happy with myself. I started loosing a few pounds and then I found MFP which I really like since it can sync with my misfit. Lost 20 lbs so far but want to get of 50 more or close to it. I am eating clean for the most part lots of veggies and more exercise. The other thing I learned was water water water. I thought I dank enough but I didn't now I do. Of course it is more trips to the br but worth it. I also have to weigh in each day or I get off track. It is not so much that I need to loose each day. But trust me I can do a lot of damage in a week if I am not accountable. If any of you want to be friends with a person who checks in each day. Look me up. Let's do this. Gotta get in the pool in a few hours for

I sent you a friend request. I am not sure if I did it right. But I wod love to have a work out buddy. Look forward to hearing from you.

• cbradley903
    Options
    That is awesome that you are getting into the water aerobics and water walking. I love my classes and the people who I meet. I am blessed working in an area where I am in water that is 90 degrees. It is a life enrichment center. Most everyone is 50 and up. Many people don't believe that you can sweat in the water while getting support. Water walking is one of my favs. Keep going to the pool. You will love the way you feel and enjoy the support of the water and friends you will meet.