My Bariatric journey starts here....

Options
bweaverband
bweaverband Posts: 40 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 55+, starting my bariatric journey to lose 100 pounds. I've used FP before, but gave up with amount of time it takes to log everything. I need help and support to stay motivated.

Replies

• sue61802
    sue61802 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and have 120 pounds to lose. I've been on every diet, pills even hypnosis and failed. I have no major health concerns due to my obesity but do have RA and have had a knee replacement. I've thought about bariatric surgery for a couple years but never felt like I was ready. I hit "the wall" a few months ago and decided it was time. I was gaining faster than I could stand and nothing fit anymore and frankly I was depressed. I am now on the pre-op diet for LAP BAND surgery and so excited. My surgery is set for February 23. Would love to go on this journey together to stay motivated. Have you had your surgery yet and what kind?
  • bweaverband
    Options
    Hi Sue! I'm sorry it took so long to reply. I've never used the friends or community portion of MFP, so I'm not totally sure you'll get this. YES! I need a weight loss partner, and would love to help keep you going too. I have not had my surgery yet, but it will be gastric bypass sometime later this spring. I have severe diverticulitis, so we're going to remove the diseased portion of the sigmoid colon first, since it could not be done at the same time as the gastric bypass. Too much risk of infection. That's scheduled for March 2. I haven't figured out how to add friends yet, as I've just started, but if you'll send me a request, hopefully I'll figure out how to accept!! I have a new smart phone obviously smarter than me, so we'll see!
    Blessings for a a beautiful weekend. Bonnie
    :)

[/b]quote="sue61802;31287442"]I'm 54 and have 120 pounds to lose. I've been on every diet, pills even hypnosis and failed. I have no major health concerns due to my obesity but do have RA and have had a knee replacement. I've thought about bariatric surgery for a couple years but never felt like I was ready. I hit "the wall" a few months ago and decided it was time. I was gaining faster than I could stand and nothing fit anymore and frankly I was depressed. I am now on the pre-op diet for LAP BAND surgery and so excited. My surgery is set for February
    24. Would love to go on this journey together to stay motivated. Have you had your surgery yet and what kind? [/quote]
    sue61802 wrote: »
    I'm 54 and have 120 pounds to lose. I've been on every diet, pills even hypnosis and failed. I have no major health concerns due to my obesity but do have RA and have had a knee replacement. I've thought about bariatric surgery for a couple years but never felt like I was ready. I hit "the wall" a few months ago and decided it was time. I was gaining faster than I could stand and nothing fit anymore and frankly I was depressed. I am now on the pre-op diet for LAP BAND surgery and so excited. My surgery is set for February 23. Would love to go on this journey together to stay motivated. Have you had your surgery yet and what kind?

• bweaverband
    Options
    Well.... Just didn't scroll far enough! Hope you can see what I posted above!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have a suggestion for you since you feel it takes so long to log everything.

After you enter the foods for breakfast, for example, click on "Quick Tools" which is a link below the line items of foods you've entered. Then choose "Meals" from that drop down list. Maybe it says "create meal", I can't exactly remember. This will put all of these food choices under the "meal" tab in your food diary.

This way, whenever you eat something similar you can chose that meal and it will populate your diary with those items. If you eat a different amount or don't eat one component, just change or remove it.

I use this for a salad that I eat frequently with my meals, and can easily remove or add a vegetable or dressing quantity and not have to enter each item.

It works really well if you tend to eat the same basic things a lot.

55835802.png
  • bweaverband
    Options
    Thanks! Happy Saturday!