Any recipes? =3

EpicEmmyy
EpicEmmyy Posts: 9
edited September 27 in Recipes
Hi all I'm new and determined to work hard to lose weight. So far what I have seen on this site is amazing, especially the people as you are all so nice! =3 The main problem I think I have with my weight is food wise. It's not that I'm really picky (except with meat - I only eat chicken), but I just don't know many recipes and meal ideas. I eat the same things over and over again. I'd love to try new things but have no idea where to start! I love chicken, salads and spicyness! Any ideas?

Replies

• cdake60
    cdake60 Posts: 3 Member
    Try "the 400 calorie fix" book. I got mine from Amazon for $7 used. It has great recipies for breakfast lunch and dinner-all around 400 calories and with decent serving sizes so you actually feel like you are eating a meal.
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    i also eat only chicken and it does get boring after a while. what i usually do it scour the internet/magazines/cook books etc. there are a ton of different recipes with chicken in them. i also subsitute chicken for meat items. for example, i make a mean ground chicken chili and ground chicken meatloaf. even ground chicken chicken meatballs!

they taste really good and are very healthy. goodluck!
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    I use several websites for ideas. fitbie.msn.com & health.com,
  • I go to the below website for all my recipes. I LOVE to cook and most of them are cheap, quick, and delicious! One of the best parts about this website is that below they usually have nutritional information about the recipe. I hope this helps! ( :

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Meat-and-Poultry/Chicken/Main.aspx
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 507 Member
    I'm not a recipe guy, but love to cook. Here are some things I do that are extremely simplistic just to give you a few ideas (plus salt and pepper of course!). I'll reiterate that they're not full recipes, but the idea of something is what makes cooking fun:

Asian Style:
    - Orange Chicken: cube the chicken and saute it with orange juice, carrots, and soy sauce (just a little) and serve over brown rice (you can add onion or garlic or broccoli or a million other things to round out the nutrients)
    - Stir Fry: cube or cut chicken into strips, add soyaki or similar (found at trader joes and a few other spots) and add veggies of your choice

Italian:
    - Chicken Parmesan: (oh, my first beloved healthy meal) DO NOT coat it in flour. mix a bowl of panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. soak the breast in salt water for 10 minutes or so. pound out the chicken breast until its thin. . dry off chicken and put it in bowl and push all of the crumbs/salt/parmesan into it. put a tiny bit of olive oil in a skillet and let it get very hot. place the the chicken in the skillet for both sides until they are browned and place in oven to complete cooking (sometimes the oven isnt even needed because the chicken will be done in the skillet). throw some healthy sauce of your choice on top.
    - Chicken Pesto: The pesto sauce is a blended (or food processor) mix of basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and olive oil... I subtract pine nuts all the time and reduce olive oil to just enough to get a little consistency. Cut the chicken any way you'd like and boil some penne pasta (rice or whole wheat pasta is much healthier) while cooking the chicken seperately. Once pasta and chicken is cooked, just mix in the pesto... it doesnt need to be cooked. (an exact pesto recipe can be found anywhere, but the ingredients above are all you really need to do it to your own liking)

Mexican:
    - Tacos... burritos... the world is your oyster here... cook the chicken mix in taco seasoning and have fun
    - Simple mexican dish: cook brown rice with 1/2 water and 1/2 tomato sauce, carrots, and onion (add serano pepper for heat). Cook chicken w/ a little salt and pepper or with taco seasonings. Cook black beans w/ salt, pepper, and cumin. Throw 'em all on a plate and eat!

Because you mentioned you like heat (as do I)... for asian dishes use a tiny bit of red chili paste (can be found in any grocery store), for italian add red pepper flakes into the sauces (ya know... the stuff you put on pizza), and for mexican I always have a few jalepeno and serrano peppers on me. Hope my crappy explanations help a bit!
This discussion has been closed.