Back again....angry and disappointed with myself

Options
Hello mfp people. I am back again and at my heaviest weight ever. So angry and disappointed with myself. It doesn't get any easier the older I get either. My body is feeling "older." So..may need encouragement from fellow mfp followers. I hope that being accountable and tracking will get me back on a healthier lifestyle and acknowledging what I eat...good or bad. So the crying after seeing the number at the doctor's office maybe pushed me to restart. Wish me luck and determination.

Replies

• swahine
    Options
    Good luck!! You got this!! Set backs happen but you can do anything and everything you set your mind to!!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am in the same boat. Trying to get out of the self loathing and on track to better health. Good luck.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! you can do this!! read this to get you started:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

Baby steps, log everyday good or bad. Make small goals.
  • hairmetalgoddess
    Options
    Almost thought I'd written everything you said myself. Idk how it catches up so quickly. Good luck and just keep getting back on track. I know I swerve here and there but we can do it....again :D
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I sure do understand that emotion. Last August I found myself 46 years old and 450lbs and having trouble walking. I was desperate. I have since lost 117 lbs and looking forward to reaching my goal of being 200 lbs. You can do this. It won't be easy but you can do it. I would like you to take some time and think about "why" you want to get healthy. I mean really think about it. Your why will push you through the tough days.Will power is a fleeting emotion that will leave you every time. Sorry for the long response but I understand and empathize with your emotion. Feel free to add me as a friend for additional support. Good Luck
  • iowaoly
    iowaoly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • MyNabbrs
    MyNabbrs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's great that you came back to MFP! It is a great community of support. I'm also returning at my highest weight (214) as a result of a visit to the doctor. Please feel free to add me to your friend list. Maybe we can encourage each other! I'm also using a fitbit this time around. Lord knows I can use all the extra help I can get.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Best advice I have is make sure you exercise regularly. For me it makes all the difference between losing weight and wondering why nothing's working.
  • ibbyiam
    Options
    No don't feel bad, just learn from this. Maybe this time its your time and you are ready. Also, you can learn from your choices in the past, tell us about it as we may also learn from them. Walk thru this with us. I was at my highest ever, and I hadn't tried at all, just kept making excuses, but also I had a lot on my "platter!" I was past the plate stage, kept putting everyone else on my plate, that I had to get a platter. It was easier to eat myself out of frustration. Keep at it, and maybe this time we'll succeed together.
  • RichardJWalter
    RichardJWalter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can do this.... Sadly, I know exactly how you feel. 800+ days in a row, dropped 40...gained it back. My mantra: log in/be honest/be consistent/be a little better today.
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Don't lose heart! You are not alone. We have all gone through these cycles. To add to what was said above: weigh everything you eat, log everything you eat, and weigh yourselves everyday. Add some modest exercise everyday. If you watch TV, try to do it on a treadmill. Losing/maintaining weight is a marathon, not a sprint. So, take it slow and steady. All your friends here are with you!
  • iowaoly
    iowaoly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Today is a brand new day