What to eat with a sandwich!?

Options

Replies

• jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I used stove popped popcorn for a long time.
  • squeakyrobot
    Options
    Greek yogurt, string cheese, yogurt covered raisins, a serving (or half a serving) of almonds?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Soup, kale with tomato and olive oil. Or just a bigger sandwich.
  • mvexplorer
    mvexplorer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I had some soup with my sandwich for dinner! It is completely a mental thing for me. I know I can be full with the sandwich alone, but it just doesn't feel complete if I don't have at least something on the side. I am not someone who can feel satisfied with six little meals. Even eating the same total daily calories, somehow I feel deprived eating that way. I prefer to eat three larger ones.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    mvexplorer wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I had some soup with my sandwich for dinner! It is completely a mental thing for me. I know I can be full with the sandwich alone, but it just doesn't feel complete if I don't have at least something on the side. I am not someone who can feel satisfied with six little meals. Even eating the same total daily calories, somehow I feel deprived eating that way. I prefer to eat three larger ones.

So eat 3 larger meals. You don't have to eat 6 small ones. People eat two, or even one meal a day and are successful. Meal timing and size is a matter of preference.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I just eat a bigger sandwich. Jimmy Johns is my favorite place to get a sammich.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I like celery and almond butter to go with a sandwich.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am looking for side dish ideas to eat with sandwiches that are not chips! All I can think of is veggies with hummus or ranch, side salad, or fruit. Anyone have a go to side for lunches? I like to have something with my sandwich or I don't feel satisfied.

A side of cottage cheese will bump up your protein intake and keep you satisfied long (yogurt would work too - Oikos Key Lime is fantastic)
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A sandwich will not go down my throat without something crunchy and salty on the side. Veggie chips!
  • AmberAntoine
    Options
    Many things you can take with sandwich like omelette, boiled egg, salad of different types, soup, any lightly prepared vegetable etc.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Veggie sticks and hummus/tzatziki/dip of choice. Pretzels. Green salad with cottage cheese for added protein. A piece of fruit. Cooked veggies.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Eat a bigger sammich and forget the side.

otherwise I do sliced veggies.

Lol. Slap 1/2 pound of your favorite meat on there and you don't need a side. Or more.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Beer.
    Chicken Breast.
    Brussels Sprouts
    Cake
    Carrot Cake (vegetable means healthy)
    A goat.
    Anything that isn't chips?

I do not understand how this is a question.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Any of the things above, but maybe a cucumber salad?
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Huge BIG Sandwich fully loaded no sides.

My Mantra - runner475, GO BIG or GO Home

*** Bread is my weakness
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Usually I do a fruit or raw vegetable and then some sort of crunchy. Almonds, Pirate's Booty, Snikiddy puffs, pita chips, etc.
  • KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i usually have cottage cheese!
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I still have chips, I just buy the single serve bags of them. I like chips, so why give them up? Just eat them in moderation. I had a tuna sandwich the other day, made with my fave low fat mayo, pickle, onion, and 45 calorie per slice bread - that + my 1oz bag of BBQ chips was only 299 calories. At that, you could still have veggies or soup with it!
  • mvexplorer
    mvexplorer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Seriously?

Beer.
    Chicken Breast.
    Brussels Sprouts
    Cake
    A goat.

I was just looking for inspiration. No need to be rude about it, I realize you could eat literally anything with a sandwich. I did think your suggestion of a goat was humorous though.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Seriously?

Beer.
    Chicken Breast.
    Brussels Sprouts
    Cake
    A goat.

I was just looking for inspiration. No need to be rude about it, I realize you could eat literally anything with a sandwich. I did think your suggestion of a goat was humorous though.

Does not become apparent after reading your first post twice. Now, if you wanted rude, I can help you with that.

You think the goat one is funny? A place I used to go served a grilled cheese with a coconut curry goat soup.