double standard with gym attire between men and women

Options
Why is that women seem to get offended if guys have anything going on down there (like tight shorts or not enough support) but women can get away with having things bounce all around and if you say anything your rude?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nice first post
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Strong first post indeed.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You are not her father... Why do you think you get to say anything to her about it?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9je58g5hj1qzqdem.gif
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3yfqsN70L1r4kha9.gif
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3yfqsN70L1r4kha9.gif

LOL.
  • megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well i guess it just sucks for everybody no one wants to c a squirrel in the gym or flopn melons but it happens lmao!!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Did somebody have a bad day at the gym today?
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Everybody should keep their bouncy bits under control (as much as possible) But if they don't its usually good for a chuckle
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    What?
  • stellasaur
    stellasaur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are completely right. There ought to be complete equality in the gym. If women are allowed to having bouncing breasts then men should be allowed to have out of control moobs too. It's only fair!
  • ChickenLittle1121
    ChickenLittle1121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Some of us can't keep the jiggle under control, unfortunately. The bigger they are, the harder they are to strap down.

ftts0ua79k7t.jpg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    stellasaur wrote: »
    You are completely right. There ought to be complete equality in the gym. If women are allowed to having bouncing breasts then men should be allowed to have out of control moobs too. It's only fair!

lol...But they are allowed to.
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and focus on my workout. What other people do is none of my concern!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Why is that women seem to get offended if guys have anything going on down there (like tight shorts or not enough support) but women can get away with having things bounce all around and if you say anything your rude?

What did you say
    Tell us exactly what you said
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at my boobs OP, gosh.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options

In the US, and many other countries, there really is no acceptable or polite way to comment on a woman's "things" that bounce all over (assumption you are referencing body parts), especially a stranger exercising. Any comment is rude, inappropriate, and very likely sexual harassment. It really doesn't matter if you were offended or trying to pay the woman a compliment or any other well meaning intention along the way, comments about female anatomy like this are off limits and even may be grounds for legal action.

This is not a double standard: it is also considered rude, inappropriate, and very likely sexual harassment for a woman to say the same to a man, and also may be grounds for legal action. Most fitness facilities have zero tolerance for this (neither males nor females are exempt) and will take all complaints seriously, and so do most local law enforcement agencies. Everybody should have the right to go to a public place and be free from harassment.

Breasts, on women AND on men, bounce, no matter how you try to prevent it. If you have them and you are moving, so are they.

I will not go into the difference between seeming offended and saying something rude. That is not a double standard at all but 2 very different things. Think whatever you like, but be cautious with what you choose to say.

Regarding attire: most fitness facilities have policies regarding workout attire, and these apply to males and females equally. Go to the manager and make a complaint if you believe an outfit is inappropriate for a public location.

Also, any time I noticed "anything going on down there" in reference to a man's genitals in a gym,or a woman's, I was never offended or impressed, but usually trying my absolute best not to laugh. Be careful with what you assume somebody is thinking.

It would help if we knew what was said.....
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, could you see a lady's dirty pillows?