Can you sync the fibit food and nutrition portion of the app?

Options
My Fitbit sync's the steps but not the food log or anything else for that matter. Anyone know if it's supposed to sync everything or just the steps?

Replies

• KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today but when I connected it to this app it said to only track food on MFP. It seems to only be set to sync the steps
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fitbit sends over weight (if logged there), steps, and total calorie burn for the day to MFP.
    MFP sends logged workouts, logged food summaries, and logged weight (if logged here) to fitbit.
  • iammabaker
    Options
    So if I enter the food portion on here instead of the Fitbit app it should sync it to Fitbit but not the other way around? Just trying to find a way to do it so I only have to log the info in one spot and have it sync with both (all) apps. I'm using. So entering everything in on my fitness pal instead of Fitbit has worked for you with the exception of the steps in which Fitbit shares with MyfitnessPal? Just making sure I'm understanding right. Thank you both for your input, it's been frustrating and time consuming doing it on just one let alone having to log everything on them all. ;)
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    iammabaker wrote: »
    So if I enter the food portion on here instead of the Fitbit app it should sync it to Fitbit but not the other way around? Just trying to find a way to do it so I only have to log the info in one spot and have it sync with both (all) apps. I'm using. So entering everything in on my fitness pal instead of Fitbit has worked for you with the exception of the steps in which Fitbit shares with MyfitnessPal? Just making sure I'm understanding right. Thank you both for your input, it's been frustrating and time consuming doing it on just one let alone having to log everything on them all. ;)

I just got my fitbit last week too and that's my understanding and how it's been working for me.

I log everything on MFP only. It shows up on fitbit.com

fitbit sends steps over to MFP, I don't do anything with fitbit other than sync it up
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i normally log food on here as theres a better database and everything else on fitbit
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Log here, and check it over there. It just summarizes the cals you took in. Just watch it carefully because sometimes if I make a change to a meal menu, Fitbit suddenly think I ate two meals, and it messes up my numbers. You just have to delete the incorrect number in the FB journal, and it is fine after that.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Fitbit sends over weight (if logged there), steps, and total calorie burn for the day to MFP.
    MFP sends logged workouts, logged food summaries, and logged weight (if logged here) to fitbit.

^^^^ THIS.. I have been using FitBit for a few years and have done it this way the whole time.. no issues.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i sync my activity with fitbit and my food through mfp...
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else has said, log your food here and it will send it over to fitbit and fitbit will send the calorie burn stuff to here. I haven't used mine in forever I'm waiting to get the Charger HR from fitbit soon. Most everyone I know that uses it will log their workouts on here using only 1 calorie since fitbit transfers the calorie burn stuff over here.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Following
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex, and everything I put in my MFP transfers over to my Fitbit dashboard.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    iammabaker wrote: »

Pretty much.
    I don't log workouts on MFP though. It's been my personal preference in the past to just log them on Fitbit (so there is only a Fitbit Calorie Adjustment in my exercise diary. I have the Fitbit Surge now and just create the workout logs from the Surge itself.
    Because Fitbit sends over a total Calorie Burn for the day, it doesn't matter which site you use to log workouts.

Log Food on MFP
    Workouts on Fitbit or MFP (pick one don't do both)
    Weight on Fitbit or MFP
  • iammabaker
    Options
    Thank you all for your input, I think I will stick to logging on Fitbit but hopefully they'll address this issues in the near future. :smile: