Cheat days are the best

Options
hi guys!

So I'm having my first cheat day in over a month. Which surprising hasn't been that bad... At least not today, other days it's been hard. But it's finally almost that time. So my question is. Do you log the meals you eat on a cheat day?

I want to, so I know exactly how much I'm consuming. But on the other hand I don't want to, so I don't feel guilty.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nope, you need to log it.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Look, it depends entirely on your goals and how you manage. I mean, is it a 'cheat' day as in, a giant blowout? Does it have a purpose? Are you just going out with friends and don't really care so much about macro tracking?

it's really ultimately up to you both how you approach a 'cheat day' and how you try to log it. I'd say though if you're worried about feeling guilty, maybe reframe it as not being about 'cheating.' I am pretty rigid with my diet but every now and then I want to go out with friends and get whatever I want depending on where we end up. It's not cheating- it's just life. Taking away the negative connotation of doing something 'bad' can do a lot for your mindset- as well as reducing any urgency around 'fitting it all in' on your cheat day.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.

Id rather have a cheat meal that i don't care about logging as too hard depending what you choose ie a restaurant.

Better then having a cheat day when you can blow thousands of cal easy
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    My cheat days are all within my calories. My maintenance calories is 1700. So on my cheat day, I eat 1700 calories worth of everything I craved during the week. (Which is usually just sweets and treats)

I don't go hog wild with the actual amount of food I eat, but I rather just eat a bunch of sweets within my calories. No guilt.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    If you have to cheat, you're doin' it wrong.
  • winterWind341
    winterWind341 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If im going out with friends then no since the places we go to don't have cal info but since i prepare my cheat meals myself ~90% of the time i log it even if it takes me over my calorie goal (but i tend to center my daily calories around it so i rarely go over) plus 'cheat' is such an ugly word i think 'reward' is better
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    If you have to cheat, you're doin' it wrong.

Well, my day is kind of cheating my healthy diet. Or at least my nutrition. Because I just eat a bunch of sugar on that day....mmmmmm....sugar =P
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm on day 162 I've had 2 "cheat days" thanksgiving and Christmas where I increased my calories to maintenance and since I still worked out I got exercise calories as well (which ironically I didn't need). If there's something I really want I fit it into my calories.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I never cheat ...I hate the term

I love food and won't cut out anything but I will log everything

And I eat less some days and more others and it all balances across the last 7 days

I can't afford to get in the mind frame that this isn't a lifestyle change ...a cheat means to me there's an end date when I will stop. I know it works for some but I won't consider any food a cheat
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    You have to, or should log in everything if you're seriously want to lose weight
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    YanmiYann wrote: »
    hi guys!

So I'm having my first cheat day in over a month. Which surprising hasn't been that bad... At least not today, other days it's been hard. But it's finally almost that time. So my question is. Do you log the meals you eat on a cheat day?

I want to, so I know exactly how much I'm consuming. But on the other hand I don't want to, so I don't feel guilty.

I always log it. I can easily eat my deficit for the next four or five days if I really get into a cheat day, and it's important that I know that.

I think a great way to do cheat days is to once a week just eat your maintenance. You get a weekly day off, but you really don't throw yourself off track by that much.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Log it and look at your weeklies rather than your dailies. Is it cheating to set aside a little money each paycheck to save for an expensive vacation? No. It's not cheating to eat a little less and exercise a little more all week long because Saturday is your friend's wedding/your birthday/Wing night at your favorite bar.