best protein suppliment to use during weight loss

Options
Hi,

I am on calorie deficit right now(-500). I am trying to loose 15 kg weight and also trying to gain muscle at the same time. I have already lost 5 kg and gained bit of muscle.
I have been using Ultimate Nutrition: Iso-Sensation 93 whey isolate which is going to finish soon.

Do you have any suggestions regarding which protein you guys should recommend for me.
Other sources of protein which I use are egg whites 6, brocili and chicken breast sometimes.

Thanks,
Sati

Replies

• AmberAntoine
    Options
    It is very important to take a protein supplement or food rich of proteins because many people become weak if they didn't take protein from any way. Most of the users are using whey protein and got benefit, I think this is best for using it while loosing weight.
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You're not going to be adding measurable muscle in a deficit. If you're a new lifter, obese or under trained then you might see some noob gains but it's not significant.

Yes I am a new lifter. But my goal is to reduce weight first and as MFP app suggested me to eat more protein and less carb to loose weight and it seems to be working quite well for me so far.

Protein powders is what is going to cause hypertrophy, caloric surplus and proper training will. Right now if you are running a 500 calorie deficit your goal should be to preserve as much lean body mass as possible.

Should i stop taking protein powder in my diet? It is easy source to complete my protein requirement on daily basis. According to MFP i am using 40% protein in my diet.

As far as powders go, if you do choose to use one just go with one you like. Optimum Nutrition Standard Gold is one many people like.

Thanks I will buy Optimum Nutrition Standard Gold
  • satisatisati
    Options
    It is very important to take a protein supplement or food rich of proteins because many people become weak if they didn't take protein from any way. Most of the users are using whey protein and got benefit, I think this is best for using it while loosing weight.

Absolutely true. I am taking whey isolate protein and I feel very energetic all day. It is helping me in my weight loss journey.
  • mattnics
    mattnics Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    +1 to ON standard gold, lots of flavored and mixes well, I just got my tub of mocha cappuccino and it tastes spot on. I believe bodybuilding.com has the most reasonable prices.
  • satisatisati
    Options
    mattnics wrote: »
    +1 to ON standard gold, lots of flavored and mixes well, I just got my tub of mocha cappuccino and it tastes spot on. I believe bodybuilding.com has the most reasonable prices.
    thanks for suggestion.