How many calories does this burn?

Options
2»

Replies

• kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    illyich wrote: »
    -log the whole thing as jumping jacks, because with the weight you have to be moving to get through this, you are just doing cardio.

I agree with this. Look for calisthenics or something similar in the fitness tracker, because if this is taking you 45 minutes you're flying through everything.

Also, I would suggest picking 4-6 of these exercises a day and going through a circuit of those with heavier weights. If you're doing that many reps you definitely can lift heavier, and you'll see more muscles show up that way. If you want the cardio benefit you're probably seeing from this I'd say just go for running, biking, swimming, or jump rope....
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    WORKOUT:
    60 dumbbell side lunges
    50 lunges (per leg)
    50 squats
    50 glute kickbacks (per side)
    30 single leg bridges (per side)
    50 sumo squats
    20 plié squats
    50 deadlifts
    50 roman chair
    30 back fly

If you are able to get through 50 deadlifts in one day, regardless of how many other exercises you are doing that day, you are not lifting heavy enough to do you any real good in terms of strength training. You are not building muscle with this routine. You have two options:

-change this workout to something a bit more reasonable and up the weight you are lifting

-log the whole thing as jumping jacks, because with the weight you have to be moving to get through this, you are just doing cardio.

You should not be doing 50 deadlifts in a WEEK, much less a day. What is your goal?

Now I'm confused because I thought OP was doing a body weight circuit workout.

I should have specified, the only weights I'm using are 2 10-pound dumbbells D: I'm not really big into lifting, just cardio and body weight workouts

Then you might really like You Are Your Own Gym. It is a progressive strength program that's entirely bodyweight.
  • fricketyfrack
    fricketyfrack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kozinskey wrote: »

I agree with this. Look for calisthenics or something similar in the fitness tracker, because if this is taking you 45 minutes you're flying through everything.

Also, I would suggest picking 4-6 of these exercises a day and going through a circuit of those with heavier weights. If you're doing that many reps you definitely can lift heavier, and you'll see more muscles show up that way. If you want the cardio benefit you're probably seeing from this I'd say just go for running, biking, swimming, or jump rope....
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    WORKOUT:
    60 dumbbell side lunges
    50 lunges (per leg)
    50 squats
    50 glute kickbacks (per side)
    30 single leg bridges (per side)
    50 sumo squats
    20 plié squats
    50 deadlifts
    50 roman chair
    30 back fly

If you are able to get through 50 deadlifts in one day, regardless of how many other exercises you are doing that day, you are not lifting heavy enough to do you any real good in terms of strength training. You are not building muscle with this routine. You have two options:

-change this workout to something a bit more reasonable and up the weight you are lifting

You should not be doing 50 deadlifts in a WEEK, much less a day. What is your goal?

Now I'm confused because I thought OP was doing a body weight circuit workout.

I should have specified, the only weights I'm using are 2 10-pound dumbbells D: I'm not really big into lifting, just cardio and body weight workouts

Then you might really like You Are Your Own Gym. It is a progressive strength program that's entirely bodyweight.

Thanks for the help!