Women (men too).... do you tell your significant other what you weigh?

Options
Tiamo719
Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
edited February 2015 in Chit-Chat
Just wondering if I'm the only one too embarrassed. :|

Replies

• AmberStarr_87
    AmberStarr_87 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. If I'm going to tell an entire online fitness community, I sure hope I would tell my husband!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    a - i don't know how much i weight - last time i was on a scale was probably 3 years ago. b - she doesn't care how much i weight anyway c- i don't care how much she weights! Quicker answer to your question no!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    We've had this thread before!

Unless your partner has problems with his sight he knows what you look like regardless of whether he knows a number...
  • Tiamo719
    Options
    Yes, I do. If I'm going to tell an entire online fitness community, I sure hope I would tell my husband!

He's not my husband and he's not a member on here, besides, I have my weight private on here.

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Didn't used to, but now brag every time I lose more! :blush:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Change husband to SO and it should be the same answer right?
  • Tiamo719
    Options
    Didn't used to, but now brag every time I lose more! :blush:

Good for you! :)

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Unless your partner has problems with his sight he knows what you look like regardless of whether he knows a number...

Yep. We are just in so much agreement today!

I only weigh 5 pounds less than when I started getting fit 2 years ago. I can assure you though that I've dropped sizes and my body looks completely different. The more you lose and tone, the less the the number means.
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I do tell my BF when I lose or gain. I think his prespective is skewed though because he recently called from the store to ask me if he should get me this shirt in a size small. Ummm, no. My D's require a size large. Always.
  • Tiamo719
    Options

He does have problems with his sight, he thinks I look great :-)

I did search prior to creating this threat and I couldn't find anything, probably worded differently.

• AmberStarr_87
    AmberStarr_87 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Change husband to SO and it should be the same answer right?

Yes, that was the point.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    If he asked I would. Besides, he has eyes, I don't need to tell him what the scale says. Thankfully, I think he likes what he sees.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If she asks, I'll tell her. If I asked, I suspect she'd do the same. That said, I didn't lose weight for her, and wouldn't expect her to change her weight just for me.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »

I did search prior to creating this threat and I couldn't find anything, probably worded differently.

OP the issue is you because why would you say that about your SO?
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Not that he cares, but yeah. He knows pretty much what I weigh. I'll actually tell anyone. I also don't hide my age. Although, recently a few gals pegged me for nearly a decade younger than I am.....but I think they were just being nice. :-)
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options

RLOL....Very true
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'll tell anyone anything. Specifics too. I have no filter.
  • Tiamo719
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Tiamo719 wrote: »

OP the issue is you because why would you say that about your SO?

Apparently the issue is with me, that's why I'm asking. I love it that he thinks I look great but I am very unhappy with my appearance.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I never used to...I was so ashamed. But I've lost a LOT of weight now and I am proud of where I'm at. I'm 9 pounds away from my goal weight!
  • Tiamo719
    Options
    I never used to...I was so ashamed. But I've lost a LOT of weight now and I am proud of where I'm at. I'm 9 pounds away from my goal weight!

And you look awesome! :-)