Pooping regularly.... What to you do to finish your book in the bathroom?

Options
2»

Replies

• KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Maybe your doctor will tell you something different, but mine have always said as long as your body is consistent, there's not really a minimum amount of pooping you need. So if you are consistently only pooping only 3-4 days a week, and that's normal for you, then it's no big deal. If on the other hand you are normally a daily pooper and then all of a sudden you decrease to only 3-4 days, that would be more alarming. But I am no doctor or nutritionist, so I suggest talking to one if you are sincerely concerned.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Psyllium fiber. But if you do add this or other fiber source to your diet, do it gradually!
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you feel that you are constipated, I would suggest using Miralax daily. It is a tasteless, odorless powder that you can mix with most any beverage (non alcoholic). It is safe to use daily.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My middle child has always been one who only poops every few days. When she was younger I talked to her doctor about it, his response was as long as she's not constipated, doesn't have difficulty going or any stomach cramps or odd color stool, it's fine. That everyone's bodies work differently. Yes that was in regards to a child, but I think it would be the same for an adult
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    KMasz wrote: »
    Maybe your doctor will tell you something different, but mine have always said as long as your body is consistent, there's not really a minimum amount of pooping you need. So if you are consistently only pooping only 3-4 days a week, and that's normal for you, then it's no big deal. If on the other hand you are normally a daily pooper and then all of a sudden you decrease to only 3-4 days, that would be more alarming. But I am no doctor or nutritionist, so I suggest talking to one if you are sincerely concerned.

I'm not actually constipated but until 3 months months ago I was eating *kitten* amounting to 4500 calories a day or more and I was still pooping daily. That is the contradiction I was wondering about.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like anything to worry about to me tbh ..not everybody defecates daily

Fibre, fats and water