Valentine's Day

Options
Belle8312
Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
Yep, I'm going to say it....I absolutely despise this holiday.

Sorry all you happy couples that love it!

It's probably because I'm single every Valentine's Day.

Please tell me I am not the only one that cannot stand this holiday?

:smile: :heart:

Replies

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've always been single so nothing special for Valentine's Day with me. I wouldn't say I despise it...it's kind of a painful reminder of being all alone though haha.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I only like it for the candy.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    2nd one being alone for. Kind of sucks
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Ist one being alone for. I'll tell you how it feels tomorrow.
  • Honeysuckle3
    Honeysuckle3 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I would probably hate it more if I didn't have kids. But I make them a nice breakfast and get them treats, etc. so I look forward to that part. And at least I only work with guys so I don't have to see my coworkers getting flowers and be all sad, lol.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the chocolate hearts
  • Belle8312
    Options
    I would probably hate it more if I didn't have kids. But I make them a nice breakfast and get them treats, etc. so I look forward to that part. And at least I only work with guys so I don't have to see my coworkers getting flowers and be all sad, lol.

Awww, that's sweet. Someone in my office just got a dozen roses, teddy bear, chocolate and balloons delivered. Ugh! To me that's a little overboard. Even if I wasn't single, to me that's just too much.
  • Honeysuckle3
    Options
    @Noelv1976‌ We're not getting chocolate hearts, that's the point :'(
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    On 14 February 269 AD, Saint Valentine was sentenced to a three part execution of a beating, stoning, and finally decapitation.

F*cker got off easy.

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    @honeysuckle3 screw that, going to Walmart right after work and I'm gonna get me some chocolate hearts!
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day and Halloween are my absolute favorite days of the year. I loved Valentine's day even when I was single... don't need to have someone to have a good Valentine's Day... my friends and I used to have Friend-entines! Lolz. We'd get dressed up, go out and shower each other with chocolates and love. :)
  • Honeysuckle3
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »

Awww, that's sweet. Someone in my office just got a dozen roses, teddy bear, chocolate and balloons delivered. Ugh! To me that's a little overboard. Even if I wasn't single, to me that's just too much.

Definitely overboard! I'm a sucker for flowers though :sigh: you can keep all the other stuff.

@Noelv1976‌ I'd rather use those calories on a few beers

• Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm glad I don't have to do the dog and pony show this year. I'm never a fan of forced "love" I much prefer to just do it throughout year.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Spending valentine's day getting my dog's teeth cleaned, maybe getting her a fancy new toy to destroy with her newly cleaned teeth. On the 15th, stock up on cheap candy.
  • Belle8312
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Valentine's Day and Halloween are my absolute favorite days of the year. I loved Valentine's day even when I was single... don't need to have someone to have a good Valentine's Day... my friends and I used to have Friend-entines! Lolz. We'd get dressed up, go out and shower each other with chocolates and love. :)

Yeah, that would work for me if all of my friends weren't married. Seriously...every single one is married.

Definitely overboard! I'm a sucker for flowers though :sigh: you can keep all the other stuff.

@Noelv1976‌ I'd rather use those calories on a few beers

I'm saving mine for the beer too! And I do love flowers.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

you know what the difference between you and a calendar?

a calendar has dates
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm in a relationship and I can't stand Valentine's Day, its juvenile.
  • Belle8312
    Options

you know what the difference between you and a calendar?

a calendar has dates

Wow. Rude.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Single on V-Day was some of the best times I ever had when I was in college. Y'all just aren't doing it right.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm married and still think it's dumb. We do cards, and maybe get a little discount candy the day after, but we don't ever go out the day of, and I hate it when he wastes money on cut flowers that are going to die soon anyway. We don't do gifts because if we need something we go get it. If you have to force romance one day out of the year there's probable a bigger issue with your relationship!