Replies

• davemacdonald1
    davemacdonald1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Love it cause it's guaranteed action.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a nice day together. We just have dinner together and hang out. Nothing fancy. We're playing tennis together lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Valentine-Candy-1436055.jpg
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm married and still think it's dumb. We do cards, and maybe get a little discount candy the day after, but we don't ever go out the day of, and I hate it when he wastes money on cut flowers that are going to die soon anyway. We don't do gifts because if we need something we go get it. If you have to force romance one day out of the year there's probable a bigger issue with your relationship!

My husband is a big proponent of not buying gifts or celebrating silly holidays symbolizing such proletariat things as romantic love. I feel terrible for all the other wives who get candy and flowers and cards are full of sappy drivel. Candy rots teeth, who really wants to clean up rose petals from the dining room table every year, and I hate it when people try to tell me I'm special with a card.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I hate it. If you can't show me you love me all year, one day is not gonna' do it... especially since I eat chocolate EVERY DAY!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone force romance, it's either there or it's not.

There's nothing wrong with Valentines day, I love how people have said they embraced it even when single, good for you guys....much better than being bitter about the whole thing.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    When I was single, I actually renamed it Billie Holiday Holiday...I would sit around with some single girl friends and we would listen to Billie and drink gin out brown paper bags. lol.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Ah, I'm not single, but I hate dumb people just like that one guy that won't date someone due to the different teams LOL.

As I said, he could have made it a friendly couple's match and the winner gets to win whatever was decided just as friends do haha
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I hate it too :/
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    No woman will ever be satisfied on Valentines Day until men have chocolate penises that ejaculate money.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    im single and i dont hate it

because its a good excuse to drown my sorrows in candy mmmm candy
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm married and not a big fan of it - over commercialized etc
  • timothyweaver2014
    timothyweaver2014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's primarily for dating couples anyways... Most married people I know might get a card or something but they don't celebrate by doing any of the over the top stuff...
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I only hated valentine's day in high school, and it was probably because I had just broken up with someone. As an adult, it's never bothered me even when I was single.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    No woman will ever be satisfied on Valentines Day until men have chocolate penises that ejaculate money.

This is the funniest thing I've read today. Thank you!

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

Nah, tongue.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

Nah, tongue.

Agreed!!!!!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    Yep, I'm going to say it....I absolutely despise this holiday.

Sorry all you happy couples that love it!

It's probably because I'm single every Valentine's Day.

Please tell me I am not the only one that cannot stand this holiday?

:smile: :heart:

you know what the difference between you and a calendar?

a calendar has dates

tumblr_lz4tjd10E31rogl95o1_500.gif
  • shajenkins88
    shajenkins88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm content with Valentines Day- I don't 'expect' anything... I adore seeing couples enjoy one another those getting flowers & I'm free to treat myself & accept a dinner 'if' I like.... ( I can appreciate this today) because after being married so many years & ignored I think it hurt worse. So now divorced... Healed...& Free... I can appreciate & not 'expect' nothing..