Women (men too).... do you tell your significant other what you weigh?

Options

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm open about it when I'm dating someone. Not like it matters, especially when I'm getting picked up occasionally, they can feel weight and make estimates. Most people aren't stupid :p There's no hiding it if they actually cared to know.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I tell him. He sees me naked, it's not like he can't guess i'm not 120 pounds. ;)
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Yup, he watches me stand on the scale.
    We even weighed our cats LOL.
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    Options
    Yea. My husband knows...
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I weigh more than everyone thinks I do. Including my husband. Last year when we went skiing he handled the reservations for our equipment and ski bindings are set based on height and weight. He miscalculated mine by 15 pounds. When we got to the ski rental place I made sure to correct my weight to the guy who was fitting my bindings because I'm vain, but I'm not killing myself while skiing because my bindings aren't set right. My husband has never asked me how much I weigh. When we met I weighed 30 pounds less than I do right now, which is my goal weight. I know he knows I gained weight and he has been very supportive of my weight loss so far and very complimentary so I'm going to leave well enough alone.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If she asks.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I never understood the point of hiding your weight. It's not as though I see a girl and think "wow, she's gorgeous" then find out she weighs more than I thought and walk away crestfallen that she isn't hot anymore.

Same goes for the other direction. I've never been watching a rerun of Rosanne and thought to myself . . . .hmmm, if it turned out she was 115 lbs, man she'd be hot.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I like to have him pick me up & guess. It's a game I play. He gets plush toy prizes for accuracy.

But really, I have come around to being honest about the number- because it shows, no hiding it when it's up.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Significantly more often than I'm sure she want's to hear about.
  • BigBadWolf__
    BigBadWolf__ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like them to know before and after I poop.

I want to see their face after I dump a double pounder.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    today was the first time in god knows how long i told him. he asked. he doesnt care. he loved me when i was in high school and weighed 120 and he loved me at my heaviest - 260 - and he loves me now (as of today, 232). he wants me to feel good and be happy and healthy (he has LOTS of health issues)... he doesnt care what a number on a scales says. he loves that im happier now and have more energy and that i enjoy going to the gym, and going for walk/jogs and going to zumba classes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Before weight loss..No. I'm lighter than him now though and let it slip the other day. Even though I'm not that light. Meh.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Before weight loss..No. I'm lighter than him now though and let it slip the other day. Even though I'm not that light. Meh.

Why, hello, Jessica Rabbit!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

Why, hello, Jessica Rabbit!

lol
  • BigBadWolf__
    Options

Isnt that how its supposed to be?
  • arditarose
    Options

What? To hide your weight until you lose a bunch and then blurt it out accidentally while eating a piece of chocolate cake the size of your face one night?
  • BigBadWolf__
    Options

What? To hide your weight until you lose a bunch and then blurt it out accidentally while eating a piece of chocolate cake the size of your face one night?

HAH! I meant the female being lighter than the male
  • arditarose
    edited February 2015
    Options

HAH! I meant the female being lighter than the male

Oh...right.

Well I've always dated slim men and have been heavier than them.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    There was a time I cared. A long long time ago. I was very fit and thinking back on how stupid of a thing to be worried about.
    I give zero fux now and tell my husband and he could care less.
    When I started monitoring my calories and exercising more he asked me why, he told me he didn't see a reason (although, we both knew I gained a lot of weight, he could of just been being nice or meant it), I told him it was for me and it still is. He did tell me today my jeans looked loose. I guess he's noticing the pay off. Haha.

Find comfort with yourself and give zero fux! :)
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've been with him for 20 years, and I don't recall him ever mentioning my weight. I'm fine with telling him, but I don't think he cares. On the flip side, the subject of his weight recently came up in conversation and I'm fairly certain he lied about it. Interesting....