how do you log exercise?

Options
i was wondering how people log team sports? Wondering if they only log the amount of time they are actually play or if they log the whole game. For example, a hockey game, do you log an hour because that is how long the game is, or only the 30-45 mins of time that you are actually on the ice playing? I would presume your heart rate remains elevated when you aren't actually on the ice?

Replies

• smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cardio 40min weights 20min
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You should list your ice time. Even after running or weight lifting your heart rate stays up for awhile after you are done. Think of it as a guy who gets 10 minuites of ice time versus a guy who gets 30.
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cardio 40min weights 20min

Ha ha misread it I thought it said how LONG...sorry
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i was wondering how people log team sports? Wondering if they only log the amount of time they are actually play or if they log the whole game. For example, a hockey game, do you log an hour because that is how long the game is, or only the 30-45 mins of time that you are actually on the ice playing? I would presume your heart rate remains elevated when you aren't actually on the ice?

Just log the ice-time.

Had me a bit confused by calling it hockey though, unless the weather's very bad where you are, you were playing ice-hockey :D
  • CareBearRN
    CareBearRN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I log in hockey minutes usually I just put in 30 minutes/game...obviously too difficult to calculate...
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM a few time when I played (volleyball, softball and soccer) and kept the numbers. Now I just use the average for each sport. :)