I can't keep sweets in the house...

Options
MustLoveCats21
MustLoveCats21 Posts: 137
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
They bother me and whisper to me until I eat the whole container of whatever it is. In this case chocolate truffles. I had a container of 12 and just ate all of them.

Guess I'll have my "cheat" day today then in place of tomorrow... eh. :smiley:

Replies

• amoods05
    amoods05 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I can't have them in the house either! it's a guarantee I will binge! I'm missing the part of the brain that tells me when I'm satisfied & full when it comes to sweets lol
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    I usually plan my calories to eat a whole container of something when it comes to sweets. I know I will. So, it's sort of a "controlled binge". They're just so yummy. Can't possibly eat just one a day... I'll eat a whole container, one day out of the week. Now that sounds like a good version of moderation to me! :blush:
  • OlgaW007
    Options
    They bother me and whisper to me until I eat the whole container of whatever it is. In this case chocolate truffles. I had a container of 12 and just ate all of them.

Same situation :smile:
    Chromium picolinate works just great. I take 200 mg in the morning. It saves me from sweet and fatty food. I just don't want it anymore. Actually it controls my appetite pretty good. Sometimes even too much.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of foods I simply can't keep in the house. Every so often I think ''this time will be different'' but nope, never is! I recently finished off a box of dark chocolate truffles in one night, so good. No regrets but won't be buying them again. I also can't keep Nutella or Pringles in the house.

I'm good with bars of 70% chocolate. Just about the only sweets I can keep around and actually moderate.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Lol you sound like you need rehab
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Me neither!! When will I learn to NOT go shopping when I'm hungry!!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OlgaW007 wrote: »

Chromium picolinate works just great. I take 200 mg in the morning. It saves me from sweet and fatty food. I just don't want it anymore. Actually it controls my appetite pretty good. Sometimes even too much.

@OlgaW007‌ is chromium picolinate specifically for cravings?
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    yep, doesn't matter what I tell myself, the end of the night comes and there is an empty package.
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nothing's wrong with moderation, but if your having crack addict like cravings? Better stay away from the middle isles. It did wonders for Fabio!
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    OlgaW007 wrote: »

@OlgaW007‌ is chromium picolinate specifically for cravings?

Sorry no disrespect, but that sounds like something I put in my pool.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I usually plan my calories to eat a whole container of something when it comes to sweets. I know I will. So, it's sort of a "controlled binge". They're just so yummy. Can't possibly eat just one a day... I'll eat a whole container, one day out of the week. Now that sounds like a good version of moderation to me! :blush:

But...what about three, or even five, or even just seven?
  • lecanto1
    lecanto1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't have them in the house either. Chips as well, they need to stay at the store. If the stuff is not in the house, I am better off.
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

But...what about three, or even five, or even just seven?

Or how about just 12 (the entire container) :smiley:
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    zeal26 wrote: »
    There are a lot of foods I simply can't keep in the house. Every so often I think ''this time will be different'' but nope, never is! I recently finished off a box of dark chocolate truffles in one night, so good. No regrets but won't be buying them again. I also can't keep Nutella or Pringles in the house.

I'm good with bars of 70% chocolate. Just about the only sweets I can keep around and actually moderate.

I eat a whole slab of even 90% chocolate. Even if it's bitter
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Lol you sound like you need rehab

Oh I know , I'm ADDICTED! :joy:

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Any chance you're pre-diabetic?
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

None. I just have no willpower with certain foods. They happen to be sweet, but I also have that with some salty foods, like pizza or hamburgers.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

None. I just have no willpower with certain foods. They happen to be sweet, but I also have that with some salty foods, like pizza or hamburgers.

Ah ok, so just like the rest of us :) Yeah, it happens.