Mass Gainers?

Anybody know of any good mass gainers bc I can't keep eating like this

Replies

• Reefboy1980
    Reefboy1980 Posts: 133 Member
    Olive oil
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Looked into this for a family member a while back, but all I saw was the crap that went into most mass gainer products. I think you might have better luck doing a little homework into what bodybuilders mix up themselves for their bulking shakes, which I found to be cheaper, more effective (more calories), and with healthier ingredients than most of the commercial mass gainer products.

Once you have a blender you're pretty much set to go, you just need to find one of the recipes out there you like best. Most seem to include a combination of oats, banana, nut butters, milk/ ice cream and protein powder. If cost isn't such an issue and you're not looking for such carb-heavy shakes, throwing in a decent amount of nuts and seeds can be a good way to go.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Those mass gainers are all fine to use honestly I personally never did we'll with them because they're really filling which defeats the whole eating process when trying to bulk.

So what I suggest you pick foods you like especially those high in fats and carbs. Protein is easy as long as you eat meat and consume protein powders!

Flax seed oil tastes great and can be added to any shake along with milk, protein powder, and 2 bananas! One shake for your daily needs! Another item I found helpful for carbs is a powder called Karbolic! 50 g of carbs per scoop!
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    You'd be much better making your own, as it gives you better control of calorie & macronutrient content, plus 9 times out of 10 it's going to taste much better than a pre-mixed one.

Combine Whole Milke + Oats + Peanut Butter + Ice Cream + Chocolate Syrup + Protein Powder.
    Enjoy.
  • I take mass fusion. It is a bit expensive but trust me it will last a long time. It taste great. I personally prefer vanilla flavor and I sometimes add PB2 and it taste like peanut butter. As far as what someone said above that it makes you full which defeats the purpose since you need to eat more; with mass fusion one serving is 3 scoops and its 950 calories plus I drink it with milk so plus 300 calories that's 1,250 calories on just that drink alone. (As a side note its predigested so it doesn't get really thick when you add the three scoops, it is drinkable) Another thing I do is I only drink it right after I workout. So I still eat my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For me I need eat 2,800 calories a day so the mass gainer also helps me reach that goal. Well sorry about the length but hope this helps.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    You'd be much better making your own, as it gives you better control of calorie & macronutrient content, plus 9 times out of 10 it's going to taste much better than a pre-mixed one.

Combine Whole Milke + Oats + Peanut Butter + Ice Cream + Chocolate Syrup + Protein Powder.
    Enjoy.

^^^^^^^^ This.