One Year Of Logging

Options
I can't believe how far I have come. I started logging consistently one year ago today. I haven't logged every day since then, and I have had my share of plateaus but I am happy with how far I have come. I started at 210 pounds and am now down to 160. I still have another 20 to lose but I am confident I can do it! I can now run 2 miles, my feet don't hurt, and I am training for a 5k. The best part is I still eat what I love and I have made habits that I can continue forever. I am so glad I found and committed myself to tracking!
10968586_10203635208907674_3830013819330045930_n.jpg

Replies

• minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    allieO3390 wrote: »
    I can't believe how far I have come. I started logging consistently one year ago today. I haven't logged every day since then, and I have had my share of plateaus but I am happy with how far I have come. I started at 210 pounds and am now down to 160. I still have another 20 to lose but I am confident I can do it! I can now run 2 miles, my feet don't hurt, and I am training for a 5k. The best part is I still eat what I love and I have made habits that I can continue forever. I am so glad I found and committed myself to tracking!
    10968586_10203635208907674_3830013819330045930_n.jpg

Wow what a change, it's amazing how much your life changes isn't it. Good for you and keep it up hottie.
  • LoveLiveLife27
    Options
    :) Great job! Thats soooo motivating!
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! I can't wait to make it to one year officially in May. :) You look incredible, grats! <3
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done honey! :) Happy 1 year anniversary!!!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well done :) you will reach your goal in no time
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Well, believe it, because you did it! You're adorable! Healthy feels (and looks) good, doesn't it?!!!
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, how did u do it?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    ^she said she's been tracking her food for a year and obviously exercising. That's all...eat less food...exercise more.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You look so great .... And ave a great attitude too. Happy anniversary (*)
  • beyondmotiv8ted
    beyondmotiv8ted Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Keep it up and thanks for the inspiration!!
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Keep up the good work.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! Awesome work!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
  • lunabella76
    lunabella76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!! Great work!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Totally inspiring! Well done!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Nice going lass :-)
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • allieO3390
    allieO3390 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yasmine334 wrote: »
    Amazing job, how did u do it?
    Whizzybeth is correct. I eat whatever I want to fit within my macros and calories and exercise. That's all you have to do. When I started, I had the whole "diet" mentality of restricting foods. As I went on and gained some self control I realized I could eat anything I wanted as long as I made the rest of my day work.

For example, the other day I ate a whole king-sized kit kat bar for a snack and I don't regret it at all. If I saw this as a diet I would regret that, make myself feel guilty, and probably end up eating more to make myself feel better. Instead I made sure I had room (which I did) and then ate the whole thing and enjoyed every bite. :)

For exercise I started off doing elliptical and biking as any sort of walking or running made my feet hurt. Eventually that got too easy and I wasn't burning enough so I switched to running just since January. I can now run 20 minutes and when I was starting in January I could only do 90 seconds and felt exhausted. I also started new rules of lifting in January and I am happy with my progress. Mainly, you just have to find something you like doing and stick to it.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What an inspiration! Maybe you should have a combined Valentine's Day/Logging Anniversary celebration. (eat some chocolate and buy a new pair of running shoes?)
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Allie: Thanks so much for sharing, both your story and your picture. It is great that we can congratulate you and also be inspired by your success that we can do the same.

So CONGRATULATIONS Allie! I would sing you a congratulation song online, if I could.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!