Cheat meal while maintaining weight

Options
i went over maintenance by 1300 calories today. Should I decrease calories to compensate for my surplus? I look leaner and vascular after eating my cheat meal.... Also, my body feels warmer too.

Replies

• SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did this last weekend. I just upped my exercise and ate a little less of my calories. Don't panic about one day. :)
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice !!! :D
  • debbieschaub
    Options
    So cheating 1 day won't hurt the diet ?
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    A cheat day can set someone back, based on how large the caloric surplus was on that specific day.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I declare Sundays as my cheat day. Some people get over zealous with this idea, and try to fit every food they possibly can into those 24 hours. Usually, I'll wake up and have cereal without measuring anything, and dinner is usually a restaurant, but I still focus on nourishing foods versus greasy foods. Tomorrow I'm going to a burger joint, so I'm loading it up with veggies. Then I'll have a peice of candy or some cookies while I watch a movie. I keep better focus Monday through Saturday if I know I can have anything Sunday. The trick is not to go nuts on that one day just because you can.