Ready to LIFT HEAVY THINGS!

Options
RadiantKola
RadiantKola Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi to all MyFitnessPals!!!!!!!

I don't know what I would do without the MFP app on my iPad / phone and computer. Coupled with my FitBit Flex and my cardio trainer (who happens to be a gorgeous, Siberian Husky) I have managed to lose 45lbs in the past year.

Now I am ready to LIFT HEAVY THINGS.

Right now I am on a tight budget. I cannot afford the membership fees at the local gym down the street at this time. And I want to know that I can stay fit anywhere, any time, without a gym membership to rely on.

I have joint problems in my knees from years of extra weight and a natural propensity towards arthritis since I was young. I don't let it stop me from letting my trainer "walk" me over 70 miles per week. The more I lose, the better my knees feel, in any case.

Can anyone recommend a good bodyweight routine I can follow? My apartment complex has a Universal Weight machine. My quadriceps are in pretty good condition from all the walking, and I would like to be able to work my gluteal muscles and hamstrings so that I can have stronger, bigger "assets".

Thanks for the suggestions!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Google "You are your own gym". However, bodyweight exercises will only take you but so far.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Check out the following link and good luck.......http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/bodyweight
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    To add to the list, "Convict Conditioning" is pretty decent, if you can ignore the writing style.
  • RadiantKola
    RadiantKola Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Randomtal - I know I'll have to get around real weights at a point. As of the past week, however, these bodyweight exercises are making me sore!!!! I have already seen a drop in my body fat percentages when I weigh in. Thanks for the link, stephxo1...I will check it and "Convict Conditioning" out, hill8570. The name cracks me up...but what else is there to do in jail but get buff....
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    hill8570 wrote: »
    To add to the list, "Convict Conditioning" is pretty decent, if you can ignore the writing style.

I just got this! I'm excited because I've been starting at more advanced moves (like full pushups) with somewhat uneven form. I'm going to go back to the first move and make sure my form is spot-on before moving on.

And yes OP, skip ahead to the "Big Six" section. That's where the exercises start.

inp9np2jqi3n.png