The pie chart makes me nuts!!!!

the pie chart is like some crazy balance game that I'm never going to win. Are the % really that Important?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Depends what your goals are... If you're just trying to lose weight then not really...
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    edited February 2015
    Go by your grams of protein, fat and carbs first. That's where your pie chart gets it's info from. If you hit those your pie chart will balance. But it doesn't have to be perfect either, as your protein and fat are minimums for the day.
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Yep, you can change them up! I also get frustrated, but I also find it a good motivator. I significantly decreased my fat goal, because I want to tone up a bit and feel like it's time to not only watch the calories, but even more how they're build up throughout the day. I'm already at my goal weight, so now I want to fine tune and I think that's the time when you do 'need' those percentages. Any experiences?
  • walkingwomyn
    walkingwomyn Posts: 12 Member
    I'm always so low in Protane & in carbs. Lord knows I only eat complex carbs. I also never eat enough fat:(
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    I'm always so low in Protane & in carbs. Lord knows I only eat complex carbs. I also never eat enough fat:(

Protein and fats are needed for the body to function well.
    Reduce the carbs so that you can fit in your protein and fats.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    If your'e not interested in that information, then just dont look at it or ignore it?
  • walkingwomyn
    @RodaRose‌ it's not intentional. Even when I try at the end of the day carbs a alway win
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    One of the things to do is to balance your food plate. Quarter for protein, quarter for carb, and half for green veggies and fruit. That will balance your food intake. And your pie chart:). Happy eating.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    When one eats more fat, one does not crave carbs . . . . anyway, it helped me and it could help you to go low-ish carb for a little while by eating oil and fat and low carb veggies with fiber. Initially, in order to cut down on the carbs, I even had to cut back to only one serving of fruit a day.
    Now I am o.k. with fruit.
    Cook some bacon tomorrow -- protein and fat.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Where's the pie chart located? I haven't seen one.
  • errollmaclean
    @RodaRose‌ it's not intentional. Even when I try at the end of the day carbs a alway win

Pre logging your day can help. Log your protein and fats first, then once they are at the daily minimum, fill on the rest with carbs. Then rest according to your plan.
  • errollmaclean
    edited February 2015
    Yep, you can change them up! I also get frustrated, but I also find it a good motivator. I significantly decreased my fat goal, because I want to tone up a bit and feel like it's time to not only watch the calories, but even more how they're build up throughout the day. I'm already at my goal weight, so now I want to fine tune and I think that's the time when you do 'need' those percentages. Any experiences?

Dietary fat does not contribute to being fat. Excess calories make you fat. Dietary fat is essential for proper hormone and brain functions. There are online calculators that will tell you your daily minimum.

Unless you changed them for another reason.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I love the pie chart. It makes me happy.

as long as you are in a deficit you're fine. What you may realize driving along one day you feel like *kitten* and if you look at the pie chart and realize it's all 50-70% carbs- or fats or whatever and then you realize you're off balanced.

As long as you feel fine- and can met your calorie goals- you're fine.
  • walkingwomyn
    All great advice! Thanks everyone:)
    Tomorrow I'm cooking Bacon.