Going out solo???

Options
Hey have any of you lovely ladies and gentleman gone out by yourself? It's VDAY and I have absolutely nothing planned actually. I was actually thinking of going out solo because I don't wanna stay in, but not sure. Is it a good idea to go out solo? Has anyone experienced this? Care to share your experience?

I honestly was thinking of asking my mom to go out with me, but I know she won't be down lol. I don't have any friends in my area (they literally all moved or are gone for college) so I'm kind of screwed haha.

Replies

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Too bad we don't live close. I'd join you. Single girls unite haha! I've always just stayed in on v-day honestly.

Bars are a great place to go solo! You won't be lonely long ;)
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Too bad we don't live close. I'd join you. Single girls unite haha! I've always just stayed in on v-day honestly.

Bars are a great place to go solo! You won't be lonely long ;)

Where do you live girl? Haha I live in LA. :)
  • karenberman9
    karenberman9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can certain things solo, like movies or shopping, but eating out is something I am uncomfortable with. Today, I am just relaxing at home - alone. I'm okay with that - my mood is quite good today. But I can't say that I'm always happy alone. If I look at my past relationship I can say to myself, "I'd rather be sitting home relaxing, enjoying the day by myself than to be out with someone I am only pretending to be happy with." I have lots of friends, but they are all married, so today it's "Single's Awareness Day" .. LOL
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I might follow the trend viva la singles lol
  • sweetdixie92
    Options
    I'm in PA, thousands of miles away :confused:
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options

Aww sad day lol. Well I mean in my area there are so many fun things to do and see, so I feel like just because I don't have anyone to go out with, doesn't mean I can't still have fun! :D
  • sweetdixie92
    Options

Aww sad day lol. Well I mean in my area there are so many fun things to do and see, so I feel like just because I don't have anyone to go out with, doesn't mean I can't still have fun! :D

Lucky! There's not a ton around here, it's a bit small-town USA so when it comes to going out...you gotta drive a bit.

I say go for it! Single girls have more fun anyway!
  • ActorFighterGuy
    ActorFighterGuy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Go for it.

I'm staying home myself. Damn cold.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm staying home. I have a crappy cold and it's freezing outside and supposed to snow. I've done brunch alone many times and actually prefer it. Sometimes I sit at the bar, but other times I sit at a table. Never did dinner alone, but why not?

I bring my droid with me and surf the internet while eating. You're never alone when you have the internet.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    I'm staying home. I have a crappy cold and it's freezing outside and supposed to snow. I've done brunch alone many times and actually prefer it. Sometimes I sit at the bar, but other times I sit at a table. Never did dinner alone, but why not?

I bring my droid with me and surf the internet while eating. You're never alone when you have the internet.

That's very true, lol. :) It's actually a beautiful day out today and I feel great, so why not go out?
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Of course, I rather like it actually. Don't have to worry about my husband being rude to the waitress, or my daughter needing to pee. It's pretty relaxing. People look at me weird sometimes, but for real, is there a rule that says a girl can't go buy herself lunch?
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options
    kaotik26 wrote: »
    Of course, I rather like it actually. Don't have to worry about my husband being rude to the waitress, or my daughter needing to pee. It's pretty relaxing. People look at me weird sometimes, but for real, is there a rule that says a girl can't go buy herself lunch?

Nope, there isn't! :D
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    kaotik26 wrote: »

i've never noticed people looking at me weird for eating alone, but i try not to look at people in general. their problem if they do, not mine.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Forget it. Going out alone tonight. ..I am with someone, and we are staying in.