Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    You're 33? That's when I lost a bunch of weight, it worked. Saying that, it's not quite like losing 10 pounds in your 20s and everything just going blooop right back to how it was, like nothing happened. Younger people heal and cope with physical change better, that's all. The slightly more limited blooop factor is why weight lifting is such a good idea for 30+ women to improve shape, lend firmness, etc.

I do notice people who don't work out or watch their diets spreading a bit at mid-30s but it's totally controllable if you pay attention.
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    40's = definitely harder.
    << this scares the crap out of me, though.

Also, it's up to you and I can understand wanting to stay consistent, but you have a great figure at this weight too.

40's scares the crap out of you? i just hit 40, so now 50's scares the crap out of me. 40 was a non-event and still extremely easy to stay thin if you pay attention.

Thin is fine but stacked is something else, lol!

not to sound stupid, but i'm not sure what that means. if you mean building muscles, i have no clue on that. i'm good with staying thin. i'm not good with building muscles.

Yeah, I mean just looking firm, I guess.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It was no harder to lose weight in my 40s than it was in my 20s
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You're 33? That's when I lost a bunch of weight, it worked. Saying that, it's not quite like losing 10 pounds in your 20s and everything just going blooop right back to how it was, like nothing happened. Younger people heal and cope with physical change better, that's all. The slightly more limited blooop factor is why weight lifting is such a good idea for 30+ women to improve shape, lend firmness, etc.

I do notice people who don't work out or watch their diets spreading a bit at mid-30s but it's totally controllable if you pay attention.
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    40's = definitely harder.
    << this scares the crap out of me, though.

Also, it's up to you and I can understand wanting to stay consistent, but you have a great figure at this weight too.

40's scares the crap out of you? i just hit 40, so now 50's scares the crap out of me. 40 was a non-event and still extremely easy to stay thin if you pay attention.

Thin is fine but stacked is something else, lol!

not to sound stupid, but i'm not sure what that means. if you mean building muscles, i have no clue on that. i'm good with staying thin. i'm not good with building muscles.

Yeah, I mean just looking firm, I guess.

yeah, i imagine that i'm less firm in my 40's than i was in my 20's at the same weight, but i really do not remember exactly what my body looked like in my 20's and with the ridiculousness of vanity sizing, i'm a smaller size now than i was at the same weight in my 20's. i was never all that muscular to begin with though.

i was talking purely about it being easy to stay the same weight.
  • makemethick
    makemethick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yessss! And it seems like it's the hardest. Thing ever. Lol but I find it seems harder now than before because I have way more going on in my life now than I did in my 20's. I have everyone else to worry about and little time for. Me. But I'm making th e time for me now because. I want to look good but I wAnt to feel good and be healthy as well.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and I've had 3 children, now 5, 3 and 9 months. I'm not as thin now as I was in my 20s, although pre third pregnancy I was, and I'm working my way back to that and don't see why I won't get there again. I'm definitely fitter and stronger now, and I'm a lot more active.

I didn't have my first child until I was 31, so I don't know if losing baby weight would've been easier in my 20s. I did drop a lot of weight in my first job out of university, but that's probably because I didn't eat enough, and I wasn't used to doing a proper job lol.
  • shellall123
    shellall123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sista! It seems to get harder every year!
  • DeeJayShank
    DeeJayShank Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I believe the difference between losing weight at 20 and at 50 is mostly psychological.

Anyone can log a daily calorie deficit and lose weight. But you have to get your mind around it and commit to it.

To do so is easier when you're younger, flying around town all weekend, being active all of the time, with a faster, younger metabolism. I notice my daily activity is decreased now that I sit at a desk most of the day. This is just part of being older and more responsible.

But with age comes knowledge. Once you are smart about how you eat and exercise, you are more mentally prepared for the challenge of losing weight. You can stop focusing on the emotional aspects of weight loss and just focus on the daily steps you need to take to do it. For this very reason, I'm in much better shape at 31 than I was at 21.