Do late night cravings ever stop?

Options
Or do we just learn to cope with them?

This is the one reason i end up caving in (when i do, anyway)

Any advice?

Replies

• johnboymax
    johnboymax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same .. I eat very well through the day train all the time .. And at 2am I'm at the fridge every night !!!
  • sowich25
    sowich25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So true. I work midnights. My craving time is 10 in the morning. I sometimes end up eating in my sleep. Any ideas on how to curb them would be great.
  • sarahrayallday
    Options
    As odd as it is, i find that when i incorporate an avaocado in my daily meal at some point, i feel fuller longer. Im also going to start taking a supplement specifically made for evening cravings! So ill report on how good it works.
  • akshil
    akshil Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To stop your night time cravings, have a cup of unflavored greek yogurt with stevia/sugar free torani syrups and brush your teeth afterwards. Having a cut off time for the last morsel to enter your mouth helps too. Cheers hope this helps
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Stop as in "never again," I think is probably wishful thinking, but if you time out your meals so you get something with a little protein late in the evening you can probably curb them to an extent.
  • dennieamoree
    Options

Any advice?
    My parents always said when you are up craving food at night eat a fruit or some vegetables . Stay away from the heavy foods may cause heartburn at night.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I plan for it - I specifically save calories for eating late at night.
  • sarahrayallday
    Options
    Thanks for the tips y'all :)
  • rohenna
    Options
    I did a detox and during those three weeks suffered awfully with the late night cravings, until I got to the bottom of them. Turned out it was an emotional issue, and I actually started to get back into an old hobby of an evening, which counteracted both the need to comfort eat late at night, and filled the emotional "hunger" that was causing me to eat in the first place. Fill yourself up on something you love, and you'll find the cravings can sometimes lessen.

Mind you, I was mildly sick a week or so ago, and too tired of an evening to get into my hobby, and found that my comfort eating and late night cravings started up all over again.
  • donnakolb
    donnakolb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As odd as it is, i find that when i incorporate an avaocado in my daily meal at some point, i feel fuller longer. Im also going to start taking a supplement specifically made for evening cravings! So ill report on how good it works.

• donnakolb
    Options
    I'd like to hear how you do.
  • donnakolb
    Options

Any advice?
    My parents always said when you are up craving food at night eat a fruit or some vegetables . Stay away from the heavy foods may cause heartburn at night.

• donnakolb
    Options
    I have been working with a personal trainer who advised me to not eat fruit after lunch.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    I save calories for night time snacking because it happens. If I do, I try to choose lighter snacks so I don't have a full stomach when going to bed.
  • Troy13691
    Troy13691 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you've got a craving at night even if you give in, make sure its something small i eat a "ice cream" that is only 63 calories. it takes the edge off if im pekish or have a sweet tooth. It't actually a Mango sorbet "ice cream" made by simply less at Coles its on my food diary often haha. its not healthy but it sure beats giving in and eat a block of chocolate or seconds for dinner.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Eat all your food at night. I know it's not a popular idea but I'm finally happy. Instead of being hungry 24/7, I'm only hungry for the hour or two before my feeding window opens. I'm sleeping better too.
  • LoveLiveLife27
    Options
    I love working nights for this reason. I can't just overeat because our cafe closes early and I'm too busy at work. But on my days off I don't late night eat because I track my food early that day so I feel obligated to go by exactly what I said I would eat. Works for me #shrugs
  • LoveLiveLife27
    Options
    my cravings have kind of stopped also. I use to crave wendys like crazy, now not so much. It sort of went away for me. Hopefully it stays that way (fingers crossed!)
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am a late night eater too. What I do to help keep in control of it are:

1) Save calories for the evening
    2) Eat 80 - 100 grams of protein each day (I crave less junk when I eat high protein)
    3) Drink lots of water (not just in the evening, but all day)
    4) Eat something that satiates my craving. If I crave salty, eating carrots won't help, but pretzels might.
    5) Find something to do with my hands so I can't use them to put food in my mouth. For me this might be playing on my 3DS.
    6) Text/phone/talk to someone about my craving, ask them to keep me accountable if I have no calories left.
    7) Brush my teeth or chew some gum.