Not loosing anything

Options
I stay under my calorie level every day and I work out 60 minutes everyday other than Sunday. Dribk nothing but water and feel like I am doing major things, but the scale tells me different. I gained more weight since I been logging back in and counting my callories I can't get to loose any weight

Replies

• endisnigh526
    endisnigh526 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are truly in a caloric deficit you should be losing weight..or losing fat at least. Are you weighing evrything you eat and getting accurate calorie measurements? Also what exercise are you doing? If you are building muscle as a consequence. .then you could be putting on weight..put still affecting your body composition positively. .Rich
  • danielpagan34
    danielpagan34 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's crazy.. Are you keeping you fat, carb and sodium numbers down too?? That's crazy but you look lean. Maybe you're where you're supposed to be lol
  • mimadona2010
    Options
    I am having the same problem, been counting my calorie intake on a daily basis for the past month.I do Zumba 3 tree times a week and I have an eighth year old that keeps me active.My goal is to lose 10 pounds,so far I have only lost 3,what am I doing wrong??? Please advise
  • ratso1969
    ratso1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure what's up maybe your portion size is off or your picking up hidden calories.i
  • ratso1969
    ratso1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started to diet in December felt like I was doing ok until I got on a scale 28 days later I gained 2 pounds. Hidden calories and coworkers offering food all the time.
  • annahouseknecht
    annahouseknecht Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you are truly in a caloric deficit you should be losing weight..or losing fat at least. Are you weighing evrything you eat and getting accurate calorie measurements? Also what exercise are you doing? If you are building muscle as a consequence. .then you could be putting on weight..put still affecting your body composition positively. .Rich

I mean I eat a lot of chicken and healthy stuff such as fruits and veggies. Also I replace one meal in the morning with a shake called lean that's only 230 callories! My main work out is swimming because I grew up to do such I run too but mainly I swim laps for about 40 minutes a day
  • annahouseknecht
    Options
    I am having the same problem, been counting my calorie intake on a daily basis for the past month.I do Zumba 3 tree times a week and I have an eighth year old that keeps me active.My goal is to lose 10 pounds,so far I have only lost 3,what am I doing wrong??? Please advise

I have done a couple of classes such as body bump too at my gym- makes no sense to me I know that I am counting my callories right

• annahouseknecht
    Options
    ratso1969 wrote: »
    Not sure what's up maybe your portion size is off or your picking up hidden calories.i

I also fasted for 21 days with my chuch where I only was able to drink water eat fruits and veggies and whole grains I did loose 5 lbs those 21 days but then when I got off the fast and started counting calories again I been gaining weight again. At first I thought it's because my body wasn't used to getting "normal" food again but it's been 2 weeks and every time I get on the scale I weigh more! The worsed thing I ate is fat free yogurt with granola. I am defiantly staying under my callories because I scan it in instead of typing and searching
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats (age/height/weight/goal weight)? And can you open your diary?
  • AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Are you including everything that goes into your mouth? Things you normally don't think of like condiments and supplements? They may be small but they count too. An example I found a few weeks ago: Metamucil 2tblspns = 90 cals and 24 carbs or Fiber Gummy bears had calories and sugars added. Also, salad dressing people forget. Anything that gets ingested gets logged.
  • lee658
    lee658 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi. Fasting can put a body into a state of shock. Tricking the body to store fat. You need to trick your body to get back on track, regular eating of healthy foods often through the day. It will take some time for your cycle to return to normal. Everyones make up/metabolism is different there's no one right way. Starving the body is no answer. Keep up your activities. If your not already doing so add free weights with various exercising to your cardio. Many people just concentrate on cardio. Exercising with free weights has residual calorie burn after the exercise has been completed, helping to firm and shape over time. And yes building muscle can add weight but in a good way. In the end its not always about a number, its about feeling fitter stronger, firmer, and the end results come in different shapes and sizes. Happy Valentines Day!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Is the ticker on your profile page correct? I ask because it shows you've lost 17 pounds. It appears you are able to lose weight. What changed? Were you doing something differently while losing those 17 pounds?

55835802.png
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You'll need to open your diary for more accurate information on what might be going wrong.

Weightloss is a simple mathematical equation, so most likely one of your numbers are off (unless you have a medical issue). Either you're eating more than you think/logging errors (even scanning barcodes can bring up inaccurate enteries). Weighing your food with a food scale is the best way to get as accurate as possible. Overestimating calories burned (only eat back a percentage). Or your not at the correct daily calories and may have to lower them (the calculators are just esrimates).

You'll need to provide more info though. What's your daily calories set at? How many pounds are you trying to lose per week?
  • annahouseknecht
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    You'll need to open your diary for more accurate information on what might be going wrong.

Weightloss is a simple mathematical equation, so most likely one of your numbers are off (unless you have a medical issue). Either you're eating more than you think/logging errors (even scanning barcodes can bring up inaccurate enteries). Weighing your food with a food scale is the best way to get as accurate as possible. Overestimating calories burned (only eat back a percentage). Or your not at the correct daily calories and may have to lower them (the calculators are just esrimates).

You'll need to provide more info though. What's your daily calories set at? How many pounds are you trying to lose per week?

My daily calorie goal is 1600 which depending on what kind of work out I have going on I even stay under! It's not really for me how many pounds in trying to loose weekly it's just that I want to loose 10 lbs all together! I had a year ago lost 16 lbs doing the same thing w/o a problem but now ever since I been logging back on I haven't lost anything
  • annahouseknecht
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    Is the ticker on your profile page correct? I ask because it shows you've lost 17 pounds. It appears you are able to lose weight. What changed? Were you doing something differently while losing those 17 pounds?

55835802.png

That was from a year ago that I have already lost but it's time to get back in shape ever since I been logging back on, I haven't been able to loose anything doing the same thing now than I did a year ago

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You said you're eating a lot of chicken, fruit and vegetables. Are you weighing them on a food scale and entering them in grams?
  • MickeyCastello
    MickeyCastello Posts: 269
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's kinda hard to give suggestions when people don't share their diary, or their stats. Things like start date, age, height, starting weight, current weight, goal weight... will help. Are you following a particular plan, doing what MFP lays out for you or something else?
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I stay under my calorie level every day and I work out 60 minutes everyday other than Sunday. Dribk nothing but water and feel like I am doing major things, but the scale tells me different. I gained more weight since I been logging back in and counting my callories I can't get to loose any weight

Judging by your pic, throw that scale out the window.. You look perfect girl.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Did you post a current pic, or is that an old one of the you that you want to get back to being? I ask, because if that's the current you, and you want to lose 24 more pounds, I've got to tell you, I don't think your goal is a healthy one. If you already look like that, you already look thin and healthy to me.
  • STUPID_GOPHER
    STUPID_GOPHER Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    smells like a troll...