Does any one think ww pro points is worse

Options

Replies

• dtracey4
    Options
    Thanks fruit and veg was never a problem as we were told like anything else that if u ate too many you'd put on weight and because I've got a throat condition I can't eat fruit
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Thankyou for me I never eat fruit I've got throat condition so I can't and the ww leader did explain that you couldn't sit there and eat fruit and veg all day as u would put on weight like anything. I think my issue is the points system itself and with forty nine weekly it doesn't encourage you to exercise enough if I went over before to get extra food I'd exercise and u could say still do it but all point values has changed and it's alot harder
  • Missbodyrocker
    Options
    Can I just say that I don't count calories for veg unless it's beans or potatoes. This is working for me and not making me feel deprived. I have 10/14 pounds to lose and excluding veg I'm doing 1400 calories 4 days a week and 1800 calories 3 days and not eating exercise calories back. I feel that having a large salad / veg on the side or soup really helps without worrying about the calories. I'm a size 8 hoping to back to size 6 uk. I have also tried ww before and I find it too restrictive and trying to work out points is too time consuming. I love MFP it's so easy and straightforward.
  • mrihel6615
    mrihel6615 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been on the new points system since December and was so excited to lose 6 pounds in a month and a half! Then... Nothing. I only have 7-13 pounds to go, (haven't quite decided where to stop yet lol) but for the past almost 2 months I have gotten nowhere. I haven't changed anything with my dieting, still log everything, have even lowered my weekly points, and I'm starting to wonder if its just not the right system for me /:
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Well I'm prob in same I'm just over ten my ideal is 9 11 so only five pounds I can't do it the same as you I'm not eating anymore than what I did at beggining so no it's not u
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Don't lower points as starving just stores fat
  • runningagainstmyself
    Options
    I'm a lifetime member since 2010, and I stopped going when they changed it to PointsPlus. I haven't even bothered with ProPoints.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I tried Weight Watchers for all of three months when I was 19 - about five years ago. It was great. I lost some weight, but started doing my own research on how to go about it. Found MyFitnessPal, realized it was more manageable (and hello, free!) and I lost some weight on it. Real life got in the way but I came back, and more dedicated than ever. WW was great when I did it, but maybe it was pre-Pro? I've heard a few family members who have used WW complain about Pro.

MFP is cheaper and better IMO. :P
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Yeah I agree mfp is loads better and like u say free
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Pro points sucks. I lost a stone on points and was five pounds from goal. Then they changed it, introduced stupid fruit rules that totally don't work and expected you to buy all new equipment. My weight went up and by this point I knew enough about the science of weight loss to know most of what they were saying was absolute tosh. I quit after a few months because I felt so jaded by it all. I miss the group support but mfp is amazing, of all the things I've tried, this is the one!
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Yeah propoints makes no sense at all
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been a lifetime WW member since 1997 and Pro Points is what made me quit for good. I honestly wonder if people were being TOO successful on their old program and weren't 'return customers' so they changed it up so that it would be easier to fail while still thinking you're on the program.

THIS!! I was on the Momentum plan and lost 20 lbs in my first month. Month two was when WW changed over to Points Plus and eliminated Momentum entirely. By the end of month two, I had gained 18 of those 20 back... why? Fruit was FREE! Way too much sugar/carbs. WW is a joke now.

• tarabicos1963
    Options
    Just joined Fitness Pal today after a week on WW
    Gained 3 lbs! Old WW was better
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Your not on your own it takes while to get yr head around pro points
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Pro points is why I'll never go back to WW and I'm a free lifetime member. I prefer MFP and like I don't have to waste time going to meetings.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stand the attitude of weight watchers, and I've done both the old and the new points programs. It was always too restrictive, and I always found if I ate even a little of my flex points or my "free" fruits and vegetables I wouldn't lose weight at all. I would always end up giving up and then I'd end up constantly binge eating until I was bigger than when I started them. I also don't know if this is just a regional thing, but my weight watcher's location was mostly middle aged and older ladies, and I always felt judged by being the youngest person in the room.
  • dtracey4
    Options
    Yes it is mainly older women
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stand the attitude of weight watchers, and I've done both the old and the new points programs. It was always too restrictive, and I always found if I ate even a little of my flex points or my "free" fruits and vegetables I wouldn't lose weight at all. I would always end up giving up and then I'd end up constantly binge eating until I was bigger than when I started them. I also don't know if this is just a regional thing, but my weight watcher's location was mostly middle aged and older ladies, and I always felt judged by being the youngest person in the room.

Same, when I was a meetings member (in later years I was just Online) I was working hospitality and could only go to day meetings and every other member was elderly, or stay at home mums who seemed to judge me for being there during the day but not having kids.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have done every diet ever invented over the past 30 odd years. The one thing I have learnt is that the ONLY thing that works is if you maintain a calorie deficit. It doesn't matter what plan you follow, how much it costs, when you eat, what you eat, how you eat, exercise, don't exercise. If Cals In vs Cals Out is right you will drop weight. Of course there are lots of ways of maximising health, nutrition etc. My only advice would be that ultimately you want to achieve a healthy and sustainable loss. I finally lost all my weight 118lbs 6 years ago and am maintaining now. MFP is FREE and fantastic, but some people need the group dynamic and 3rd party weigh. Do what you think suits you best and good luck...
  • dtracey4
    Options
    To be fair my groups are very friendly although I understand what your saying as I have been to bad groups as well I need to weigh in front of people as I feel more pressured to lose weight like that if u understand what I mean