Shakeology

Options
Any thoughts on Shakeology? Does any currently use it and are you seeing results?

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Essentially, its just a meal replacement shake. Like slimfast, or isagenix.

As long as you take in less calories then you burn, you will lose. Whether you drink or eat your calories.
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

As long as you take in less calories then you burn, you will lose. Whether you drink or eat your calories.
    Agreed. I used to use it, loved adding some to my green smoothies, but could not in a million years justify the cost, even with my (former) Beachbody coach discount. It's not necessary for health or weight loss. It's not a magical elixir.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

Agreed. I used to use it, loved adding some to my green smoothies, but could not in a million years justify the cost, even with my (former) Beachbody coach discount. It's not necessary for health or weight loss. It's not a magical elixir.
    It sure was a good spin on protein powder.....it sucked a lot of people in.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    It's very expensive for something you could get just by taking a multivitamin and protein shake. It's not necessary for weight loss and still requires a calorie deficit for weight loss.

If you're looking to add more protein, there are more cost effective and better tasting options. If you're looking for something to help with weight loss, have patience and eat within your calorie goal.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Agreeing that it's overpriced. It's $129.95 for 30 servings. If you have one shake a day, it's $4.33/serving. You can eat a lot of awesome food, or invest in a good protein powder for far, far less.

I have a BeachBody coach on my FB (they became one last year...weren't when I met them), so I see all of the claims, challenges, "sales", ect....you're better off using MFP (which is free), buying a food scale, buying some cute workout clothes, and utilizing the people here who have made true progress as your advice givers and coaches.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*! I didn't know it was that freaking expensive! Woa!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*! I didn't know it was that freaking expensive! Woa!

Yeppp. The coach will try to give away one week samples from time to time, and is always plugging the recipes they can make with it, or how awesome it is.

However, I can do a LOT with $4.33 per serving when it comes to a meal.