Finding the right foods....

Options
I have a texture issue, so I am very picky. I am trying to eat right. Just having trouble finding the right foods. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You know, you can eat what you normally eat but just eat less of it. read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Best wishes!!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What do you like, and what are you trying to avoid?

Personally, I don't like mushy food so I can't eat bananas and I have trouble getting oatmeal down. What textures are you looking for?
  • stancycourville
    Options
    I would like to eat more vegetables but the texture of most is very hard for me. Is there ways to cook them and it change the texture?
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I would like to eat more vegetables but the texture of most is very hard for me. Is there ways to cook them and it change the texture?

Still need more info. What about the texture don't you like?

• stancycourville
    Options
    Gritty and slimy. That's the best description I can come up with. Chrunchy has never been an issue.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Gritty and slimy. That's the best description I can come up with. Chrunchy has never been an issue.

Roasting vegetables is good. Lots of crunch
  • stancycourville
    Options
    I'll give that a try!
  • earlnabby
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I like steaming my veggies, especially things like broccoli and cauliflower. It seems that the sliminess comes from sitting in water.

Otherwise, do you like raw? I grew up eating the majority of my veggies raw. Dinner would usually include a plate on the table with carrots, celery, cabbage wedges, radishes, green onions, turnips, green beans, etc. We also usually ate tomatoes raw. The only time they were cooked was in stews and sauces like spaghetti or chili.
  • stancycourville
    Options
    Growing up we never really ate vegetables unless they were chopped so finely they disappeared. So to actually taste a whole vegetable was never an option, however I really would like to get into eating them.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    Growing up we never really ate vegetables unless they were chopped so finely they disappeared. So to actually taste a whole vegetable was never an option, however I really would like to get into eating them.

Baby steps. Try one thing at a time, then go on to something else. Get the veggies fresh in the produce section, then try some raw and try steaming or roasting some and see what you think and which you like better. There is always salads too. Do you like fresh greens? Put some in a bowl and add grape tomatoes, slices of bell peppers, etc. Many groceries have salad bars with chopped fresh veggies. You could pick up a few bites of each to try.