Routines?

Options
I'm having a bit of trouble trying to stick to a good exsersise routine. We got a really good tread mill and I've been trying to use it but I think I'm doing something wrong. So far the only times I can run/ walk on it are after I have eaten. Is that not good? I was doing a sort of routine where I would walk at a 3.0 for five minutes and run at a 4.0 or 5.0 for two, I have asthma and Arthritus so I can't run much, and I was wondering if that routine is ok? I usually do this for 30 mins.

I need some help tho, like advice and what have you. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first time in the chat areas!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Doing something is always better than doing nothing. Start with what you can do, do it for a week or two, then try to build on that by increasing intensity (speed and/or elevation), distance, or time.
  • Pflu2
    Pflu2 Posts: 6
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Doing something is always better than doing nothing. Start with what you can do, do it for a week or two, then try to build on that by increasing intensity (speed and/or elevation), distance, or time.

Thanks! I'm thinking about working out twice a day everyday before I eat breakfast and before dinner. I think that would work :)

• VZengel
    VZengel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been raising the incline on the treadmill as opposed to increasing the speed. I get a good cardiovascular workout but without as much pounding in the knees and hips.

What happens when you exercise without eating first. Do you get nauseated on an empty stomach?

I too have asthma. Some days it limits what I can do. I listen to my body and do what I can.

Good luck and let us know how things go.
  • Pflu2
    Pflu2 Posts: 6
    Options
    VZengel wrote: »
    Recently I've been raising the incline on the treadmill as opposed to increasing the speed. I get a good cardiovascular workout but without as much pounding in the knees and hips.

What happens when you exercise without eating first. Do you get nauseated on an empty stomach?

I too have asthma. Some days it limits what I can do. I listen to my body and do what I can.

Good luck and let us know how things go.

I don't really get sick if I excersise on an empty stomach, but yesterday before I started my work out I felt extremely weak and shaky and was wondering if that had something todo with me eating before I work out. I did try increasing the incline and it felt like it was a better alternative to running tho! With my Arthritus tho it is deficult to be bending my knees that much on the incline for that long. I have a prob with stairs too so yeah :)