gorgonzola, feta, roquefort, gouda, munster, brie
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    The only type of cheese I like is mature cheddar, I'm so boring :blush:
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Never met a cheese yet that I didn't like.
  • beckyjopdx
    beckyjopdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    all of them! I'm not a sweet or salty cravings person, I'm a dairy cravings. that said, a homemade chevre, or perhaps an acidic Roquefort with dates. yeah. cheeeese....

ricotta salata, mozzarella and feta are all salty cheeses. have you bought cotija? I bet you'd really enjoy that as well.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you are what you eat, I would be a cheese wheel...formerly. I had to cut a lot of that out because I could just eat 30 oz. at a time lol.
    Sartori Montamore = pure bliss. It's got a little edge and has these delicious little salty, crunchy yummy morsels in it. My local farmers market had a 'cheese guy' - but the market has ended for the season. I'm on his cheese-drop list though, can't wait for my first message about a delivery :-)
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i forgot about fontina! i haven't had that in awhile love it!

my favorite right now is kellygold irish cheddar.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i also find by buying stronger cheese i need less of it. win-win!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    4me8e4ghped4.jpg
    so good. although, last time I bought this from a local restaurant/bar at happy hour (they have a little store attached) I forgot it was in the car and left it for like 2 days and had to throw it away.
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    beckyjopdx wrote: »
    all of them! I'm not a sweet or salty cravings person, I'm a dairy cravings. that said, a homemade chevre, or perhaps an acidic Roquefort with dates. yeah. cheeeese....

ricotta salata, mozzarella and feta are all salty cheeses. have you bought cotija? I bet you'd really enjoy that as well.

I haven't ever tried cotija but I looked it up and it sounds really good! Will have to buy some next time I go to the store.
  • beckyjopdx
    beckyjopdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever tried cotija but I looked it up and it sounds really good! Will have to buy some next time I go to the store.

yay! let me know how you like it. like feta, it's not a melting cheese, it's a crumbly, on tacos or mexi salad cheese. I love it.

• KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I loooove aged gouda or prima donna! Hard cheeses are so delicious.

...Also real, creamy feta cheese. Or grilled goats cheese. Or a really good brie or camembert. Fresh mozzarella on pizza. Actually, just give me all the cheeses (except for the blue ones or the really REALLY pungent ones, ew)
  • FScherman
    FScherman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dill havarti, creamy and alittle tangy
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Real Brie from France....

Good Dill Havarti

Melted munster.

OMG, CHEESE, HOW I ADORE THEE....
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Oh I have to pick just one? Brie. Give me brie. I actually rarely buy it because it's so amazing and creamy and buttery and delicious that portion control becomes an issue LOL. I buy a wide variety of cheeses, mostly strong flavored ones so that I can use less but get lots of flavor.

I love going to whole foods and picking through the $1 or so basket of tiny pieces of cheese I might not otherwise buy. Trader Joe's can help keep cheese in my budget and they have some lovely ones.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I forgot Smoked Gouda. Can't get it here, and I miss it so...

Also my favorite, but only the high quality stuff. Which means it's a rare treat for me.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Really all the cheese! But I have been loving aged gouda lately!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Wensleydale with cranberries, Lancashire crumbly, Brie, Camembert or Gorgonzola.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Gorgonzola from the store. I'm still eating from a wheel of pecarino we bought in southern Italy last summer. That and a cheap glass of Salentino wine that we brought back makes a delightful snack.