Options
2»

Replies

• Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    zaxx1953 wrote: »
    I am not. lol
    And I've had them before, but not since I learned proper form.

Aww, see, i'm not evil....

...and I never said that a runners look doesn't look good for the ladies : )

Who taught you proper form?

A combination of my husband, a book called Chi Running, and my own careful experimentation.
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Is that the whole barefoot movement/running in central park in my lunch hour from the consulting firm, etc....deal??

Runners scare me.....

Wait, HUSBAND?

**walks away**
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Me too! I was going to rest today or maybe just walk, but I couldn't stand it. We have some foul weather blowing in soon though, so my joints will get a break whether I like it or not. Boo.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Options
    zaxx1953 wrote: »
    Is that the whole barefoot movement/running in central park in my lunch hour from the consulting firm, etc....deal??

Runners scare me.....

Wait, HUSBAND?

**walks away**

Ha. No. It's just all about running form.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with this too...the elliptical on off days just isn't the same!
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Options
    Runcakes wrote: »
    I have trouble with this too...the elliptical on off days just isn't the same!

Ogh elliptical bored the pants off me!!! Lol
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    jglovicz wrote: »
    (I have many pairs that are all different and I do mix up which ones I use every few runs).
    Congrats for being hooked on running - it's a good problem to have :-)

The shoe tip is brilliant. I will definitely keep that in mind.

I'll second this advice. I currently rotate three main pairs: Brooks Ghost 6, Mizuno Wave Rider 17, and Altra Olympus. The Brooks and Mizuno shoes are neutral shoes with about a 12-13mm heel to toe drop, and the Altras are zero drop. I run for fitness, not racing, and I figure that mixing it up will help avoid repetitive stress injuries.

I also have a pair of Salomon Speedcross trail shoes that I use for running on fresh snow and in slush; if there's ice, I put Kahtoola nanospikes on one of my regular shoes.
  • carlyqrt
    carlyqrt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem too, when I started running last year, I loved how good I felt after a run and I wanted to run every day. Sorry no advice, just some sympathy:)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Rest days from running are hard for me too but last week I had to take 3 full rest days due to sciatic pain and I'm wondering if maybe doing it 6 days a week is taking its toll! I've been running for around 18 months and steadily increasing mileage.