What Did You Do For Exercise Today?

Options
glwage
glwage Posts: 375 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I hiked Rocky Peak Trail in Simi Valley Ca. It was 4.75 miles up and back in 1:36:19. 1226' of elevation gain on the way up. 20:16 pace. Gorgeous morning! Interested to see what you Snowbirds are doing on the East Coast. Shoveling perhaps?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My kids are at grandmas and my wife and I are going to ride our bikes there to pick them up. It'll be a good 20 mile round trip. It's been a beautiful weekend here in New Mexico and after todays ride, my wife and I will have logged a solid 60 miles since Friday.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet. My only goal is to get in and out of the gym before the temperature drops to 9 degrees. What I do there doesn't matter.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Bicycling and rollerblading (sort of rollerblading, I'm new to it and not quite ready to even leave my driveway yet!). I might go walking later, depends on if the home improvement chores I need to do in a bit wear me out. Blech. Boring calorie burns are the worst. I'd rather be playing!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I cycled to the gym, did an hour of swimming, cycled to our favourite cafe for lunch, then cycled back through the park on the way home. The sun came out after lunch and it felt like early spring :-)
  • ams1025
    Options
    Nordic track in my house. Very cold and blustery outside today.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Shoveled snow for 45 minutes in the morning. Nothing more since today is a rest day.
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    30 mins Insanity Abs and then a 7km run. 720 kcal done.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    A 16.2mile (26km) run at 3am this morning seemed like a great idea, followed by a chest workout at the gym.. Needless to say, my legs feel like jelly now but I LOVED it!!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I cycled to the gym, did an hour of swimming, cycled to our favourite cafe for lunch, then cycled back through the park on the way home. The sun came out after lunch and it felt like early spring :-)

I envy you so much! Around here the roads and drivers conspire to make it so that even when I become more proficient on my bicycle, I'll probably never be able to venture onto public streets. It's just awful.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Ran 7 miles in a -27 windchill. Wanted to get 10 but my eyelashes kept freezing shut.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Walked on the treadmill for 50 minutes then did sumo deadlifts and barbell glute bridges. All from home where it's nice and wsrm.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Around here the roads and drivers conspire to make it so that even when I become more proficient on my bicycle, I'll probably never be able to venture onto public streets. It's just awful.

Are there any cycle routes, canal paths or parks nearby where you can go for a ride?

I do cycle on the roads, but that's because I'm a bit crazy and I know no fear. It's probably not as safe as I like to think it is.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Due to a slight *kitten* up on the organisation front I jogged 3 mile round trip to a cash point so we could pay for our campsite! Not most comfortable jog ever in big furry boots and jeans but a necessary one.
  • ninjasmith1986
    ninjasmith1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Upper body:

DB bench press 3x10
    Skull crushers 3x10
    Decline pushup 3x10
    DB ohp 3x10
    DB upright row 3x10
    Tricep dips 3x10

1 set 300 abdominal crunches, variation
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Today is long slow distance day. ;) 7.25 miles on the treadmill in 70 minutes.
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

• ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I did an hour of Zumba and an hour of ballet.
  • wick3tgirl
    wick3tgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    a 4k walk, an hour on the stationary bike and a few lower body body weight exercises. it was a nice day out but still cold and still some snow on the ground.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day from the gym and so my dog took me for a 2.6 mile walk at a very brisk pace. :p A beautiful day in So. Cal.