When the going gets tough

Options
bibi1817
bibi1817 Posts: 15
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
Sometimes you get discouraged when you get off track of your goals! Anyone sometimes feel like that?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Discouraged? No. I assume you mean off track by over eating or missing gym days. Those things usually make me want to work harder.
  • bibi1817
    Options
    Like off track of your goals
  • mizzbombshell
    mizzbombshell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes. I think it's a natural feeling during any struggle.
    Don't allow it to take over though. You have come so far, and you will reach your goals. A few bad days won't stop you from getting where you want to be :) just keep on going!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    These are the moments you need to have prepared for because they were always going to happen. It should make your response easier and the outcome a better one. Its only natural to get discouraged becayse things arent happening as you would like, but you find out if you want it enough by responding in a way that gets you back on track.
  • Sercee
    Sercee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Of course, that's natural and sometimes it's hard to beat. If I slip a bit no problem, I make it up the next day. But if I have a day when I go way off track and it's followed by a day where everything feels like it's breaking? I can easily fall right off the edge. The difference now is that I've gotten a lot better at climbing back on a lot quicker.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I guess. I'm no longer losing at the rate I was, and I expected it and thought I would accept it, but somehow I'm still frustrated. I was losing 2lbs a week when I was bigger. Now that I only have 24lbs to go, I'm only losing 1lb a week. I thought it would take me until late April to mid June to reach goal weight but now it's looking more like July or even August. I occasionally think of giving up and staying at 164lbs... then I realise how much MORE disappointed I would be in myself if I didn't manage the last 24lbs. So I keep going! I'm NEVER going to get there if I give up!
  • bibi1817
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the great input