Looking for tips on controlling food triggers.

Options
Just putting a question out to MFP friends: list your 2 most challenging triggers & how you successfully manage them.

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Anything with added sugar and all breads/pastries/pastas. After trying less extreme measures, I gave up and went low carb. Life is much pleasanter for me without cravings.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I eat twice a day. (Having little snack-y meals throughout the day would drive me nuts).
    Essentailly, I come home from work, have dinner, and have a snack before bed.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Triggers for me are candy and cookies. We just don't have them in the house. Oh, and ice cream. We keep 40 calorie sugar free Fudgesicles in the freezer that work great as a replacement. (One of those takes care of the "want".)
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Donuts, cookies. I have to keep that stuff out of the house.
  • heyhey2015
    heyhey2015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet, crunchy salty snacks, and white pasta really chunks me up. I have learned to enjoy more fruit, frozen Greek yogurt bars, spaghetti squash and whole grain pasta. Baked apples with cinnamon and a little splenda, vanilla frozen Greek yogurt.... Pretty good. Still looking for a crunchy salty snack. Someone mentioned some kinda bean thing ? Anyone?
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sweets. Any sweets.

I upped my protein intake to 100 grams a day and my cravings lessened considerably.