Looking for an at home Back Hyperexterstion bench.

Options
There are so many out there. Looking to spend ideally less than $200. Can anyone please help me and recommend one?

Replies

• MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Can i ask why you want to use a bench, as opposed to doing, say, stiff-leg deadlifts, or "supermans"?
  • MorgueBabe
    Options
    I have severe scoliosis, and a fused back. It's much easier on my very very weak back to this with support than on my own without support. Using a bench causes a lot less pain on my back.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Body Solid has one. I think it's less than 200 dollars. I have one. It's OK. I wish I had a more commercial version but it does the job. Check Craigslist. I bought a few really good pieces of equipment on the cheap.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Are you able to bend over like this, without holding any weight?

DPhjhS5.gif

It basically works your back the same as a back bench, with the added advantage of training your abs and coordination, so it's more functional than a bench. When that gets too easy, start holding a few pounds. Youtube "Romanian deadlift" to learn the correct form.

As far as benches, any 45 degree model with handles should be fine. It's not a product with much variation between brands. Avoid the ones where your torso is parallel to the floor.. it should be 45 degrees.
  • MorgueBabe
    Options
    No that actually really hurts my lower back. The 45 degree bench feels fantastic for me though, so I need to work on getting my back a little stronger before I can even do anything like that. ._.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    do you want to be loading your back, then, though? what about doing physical therapy and bodyweight stuff for now?
  • MorgueBabe
    Options
    This is part of what I'm supposed to be doing.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Sorry :/. I hope you get a good answer.