Anybody a sugar addict? Want to give it up together?

Options
My first day of no obvious sugars today - no sweets, cakes, chocolate, cookies etc.

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    kcppbk072co7.gif

Good luck.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep, good luck
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • AmberAntoine
    Options
    It is very difficult for a person who is sugar addict and have to leave the sugar, they have live without sugar, sweet, cakes, chocolate etc. Now a days there are many thing available like cakes, pastry, chocolates which are made by using the sugar free.
  • NicoleS9
    NicoleS9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bjw1965 wrote: »
    My first day of no obvious sugars today - no sweets, cakes, chocolate, cookies etc.
    I could try it and see! I'll still be eating my fruit, though! (And that last blueberry muffin) Who is more powerful, US or refined sugar?!
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    No.
  • wintergurls
    Options
    Giving up sugar for lent!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear you won't be eating any more fruits, vegetables, breads, etc. My condolences.
  • AprilEternity
    AprilEternity Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I can't live without chocolate... I've given up a LOT of stuff, but I keep my weight watchers chocolate and I usually have one a little while before bed and it tides me over, lol.
  • AdieEve
    AdieEve Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    So sorry to hear you won't be eating any more fruits, vegetables, breads, etc. My condolences.

Don't be pedantic. You know she means added sugars.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I switched to raw (less processed) sugar. That's as close as you're getting me to quitting.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Already gave it up. It's easier on me than trying to moderate. I already have very low calorie requirements because I'm older, female, short, relatively small, and have already lost half my body weight. There just isn't room for portion sizes of low nutrient foods that don't look like crumbs to me, so why bother?

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    AdieEve wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Don't be pedantic. You know she means added sugars.

I know no such thing.

Many a MFP user has professed to "give up" sugar, and then can't understand why their MFP daily nutrition breakdown still shows they're going over on sugar each day.

• cityruss
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OP, why?
  • athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. I have already restricted consuming "added" sugars since Sept '14. I still eat fruit in moderation, but have given up all but occasional deserts. I was one of those people that craved sugar and ate it mindlessly. When I do eat a desert now I make sure to only have half and place the remaining portion out of my reach. My boy friend, who has also given up sugar, doesn't seem to have the same pull towards sugar as I do.
  • kevinala
    kevinala Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I need to give sugar up!!!
  • SylSar
    SylSar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't give up cold turkey...start your day with less sugar each day it is much easier. I am trying it and finding it easier and I am not thinking about it so much. Good luck though whatever you decide! :smile:
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Definitely not giving up sugar...seriously that just seems like a sad way to live your life tbh.

But I need to cut back on my sugar after going on a huge and shameful binge this week...frappucinos two days in a row and everything (and a giant hot chocolate the day after that). Even today I am over by 24 grams so far.
  • cityruss
    Options
    Op and everyone else expressing a wish to cut/remove sugar....

Why?
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    I can't do that, I would starve on Saturday's (my cheat day) because I only eat 1700 calories of sugary treats all day on Saturday :cry: