Beach Body Programs

Options
Hey y'all. I'm interested in doing one of the beach body programs available and looking to get some real advice and information about the different programs..

Replies

• roldanis
    roldanis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? Most of the beach body programs are beginner programs and will only take you so far. If you have access to a gym, consider a barbell weight training program such as StrongLifts or Starting Strength.
  • PrettyInPink140
    PrettyInPink140 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Piyo and have turbo fire being delivered soon. Piyo is great if you're looking to get more flexible and tone up the core area. It's a very different but great exercise. I'm happy to help with any other questions if you have them.
  • lnuck81
    Options
    The P90X programs are proven with thousands upon thousands of success stories.

They are more for total fitness though, and despite the adds you won't come out looking like Ronnie Coleman after 1 set of 90 days unless you were already close.

There is a new P90X3 that came out in 2014. It has the same idea as the original p90x although all the workouts are only 30 minutes.

I lost 13 pounds in January using p90x3.

This dude here has a TON of great info on the Beachbody programs if you're interested.

I have no affiliation he's Canadian and I'm from Kentucky, but his reviews and blogs really helped me make the decision to go with P90x3

http://tylerrobbinsfitness.com/p90x3/
  • aimsterrz
    aimsterrz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    roldanis wrote: »
    What are your goals? Most of the beach body programs are beginner programs and will only take you so far. If you have access to a gym, consider a barbell weight training program such as StrongLifts or Starting Strength.

I do have access to a gym but never heard of StrongLifts... As far as goals, I'm just looking to be healthier...but strong at the same time.
  • aimsterrz
    Options
    lnuck81 wrote: »
    The P90X programs are proven with thousands upon thousands of success stories.

They are more for total fitness though, and despite the adds you won't come out looking like Ronnie Coleman after 1 set of 90 days unless you were already close.

There is a new P90X3 that came out in 2014. It has the same idea as the original p90x although all the workouts are only 30 minutes.

I lost 13 pounds in January using p90x3.

This dude here has a TON of great info on the Beachbody programs if you're interested.

I have no affiliation he's Canadian and I'm from Kentucky, but his reviews and blogs really helped me make the decision to go with P90x3

http://tylerrobbinsfitness.com/p90x3/

Thank you for the advice, I'll check out that guys reviews!
  • aimsterrz
    Options
    I'm currently doing Piyo and have turbo fire being delivered soon. Piyo is great if you're looking to get more flexible and tone up the core area. It's a very different but great exercise. I'm happy to help with any other questions if you have them.

PIYO is one of the programs I was interested in... When you say it's difficult.. What makes it that way?
  • kcowart130
    kcowart130 Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I really like the insanity workouts. It's hard to stay motivated and I don't do them every single day, but can still see results even 3 weeks in.
    It's total body, about 40 minutes a day with the recovery, fit tests and ab targeting videos being shorter. I believe the second month requires about an hour a day.
  • mattjft
    mattjft Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ive done T25 and enjoyed it the first go around. Tried to start it over again and got really bored though. Right now I'm doing Insanity Max 30 and its hard but in a good way. Hated p90x it was just overwhelming when i tried to start it.
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 6 of Insanity and love it! I've lost 15 lbs, dropped 1 pant size, and my stamina has increased significantly. I'm starting to feel like my old self again! I feel healthy and have a lot of energy that I haven't had in a long time!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    P90X3 is great.... I also love insanity if you just want some cardio.
  • randiwoods1
    randiwoods1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing T25 - really liked it and they have modifiers if you can't keep up with everyone
    - Tried P90X3 but their modifiers are primarily low impact, not low strength.
    - Doing Body Beast next 'cause I like weight lifting
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    aimsterrz wrote: »

I do have access to a gym but never heard of StrongLifts... As far as goals, I'm just looking to be healthier...but strong at the same time.
    Just google StrongLifts (or Starting Strength). They're both beginner programs for lifting and free. All you need is access to a barbell and some weights.
  • shanetbf
    Options
    If you have a good bit of experience and have medium fitness or above I'd recommend caveman training! It's a complete body workout and if you push your self will do wonders for your body!
  • aimsterrz
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your different insights!! :)
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have been there thinking about buying the Power 90 to get ready for p90x.
  • joeyjoejoe888
    Options
    I completed 2 full cycles of T25 and dropped 30 pounds of fat. I then started Insanity and finished 1 full cycle and put on 10 pounds of lean muscle. I'm on my second cycle of Insanity and the results are really showing.

These programs are primarily cardio and plyometric based and I definitely recommend starting with T25 and moving to the more intense Insanity. Also, T25 is only 25 minutes a day so it's a good program if you're crunched for time where the Insanity workouts are roughly 30-60 minutes.
  • jessa271
    Options
    Throwing in my two cents... I've done Insanity, both Asylums, T25 and I'm doing the 21-day fix right now. Happy to give you details on any and all, just message me. I love a hard workout, but the truth is, all workouts work. The magic is what you put in. If you're time-constrained, T25 or 21-day fix are the way to go because the workouts are about 30 mins. If you want stamina and to really leave it all on the floor (including yourself half the time), Insanity is awesome (will always be my favorite).
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started with p90x then x2. I have since done insanity and now just started t25. BB programs can take you as far as you want to go. Beginniner to expert. I've been using the programs for 5 years and like them. I just do not car for the constant selling you get. It's a giant multi level marketing scheme. Once you stop buying from "coaches" they drop you. Otherwise they have gotten many folks off the couch and out getting fit and healthy. I'll probably get body beast later in the year.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    aimsterrz wrote: »

i would suggest looking into strong lifts, starting strength, or new rules of lifting for woman ….

stronglifts has a website and I think starting strength does too …just google them …

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I teach Les Mills Bodypump and Bodycombat in gyms and they have at home versions of both that are great! Combat especially is a lot of fun and burns a bunch of calories.