Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• sj_mac777
    Options
    that is so cool that your kids name is Amelia rose!!! I just restarted losing weight and suffer from gaming as well Netflix addiction. it doesn't help that I am in between school and only work part time! XP
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    As Comic-cons roll through everyone's town, or the big one, I'd love to see your cosplay pics. I usually spend at least one day at my comic-con with my camera.
  • samanthabratton2015
    Options
    One app to rule them all. One goal to bind them.

I got you girl. Do it for Comic Con ;-)
  • samanthabratton2015
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    Even though you can't tell by looking at me... Me = gamer, metalhead, general nerd, LOTR fanatic (well, fantasy stuff in general)... Computers, technology, GLASSES ;), Comic books, Marvel universe, Some DC stuff too... Also, Walking Dead obsession. :P

Not starting a nerd battle here..

but pick a side.

Marvel is life.
    Batman is the devil.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Even though you can't tell by looking at me... Me = gamer, metalhead, general nerd, LOTR fanatic (well, fantasy stuff in general)... Computers, technology, GLASSES ;), Comic books, Marvel universe, Some DC stuff too... Also, Walking Dead obsession. :P

but pick a side.

Marvel is life.
    Batman is the devil.

Generally I agree, but you can't argue with the Arrow casting on the CW. When John Barrowman is AVERAGE looking in your cast, your TV people, at least, are doing something very, very right.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options

but pick a side.

Marvel is life.
    Batman is the devil.

I'm a Marvel Zombie, but Batman and Detective are my one exception for The Distinguished Competition
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Im all about retro gaming. Covered in Zelda (mostly Majora's Mask) and Resident Evil tattoos to show love for some of my all-time favorite game series as a kid.

I am also well-versed in gen-1 Pokemon, Batman, TMNT, old-school wrasslin', playing drums, and not sure how much these would go with the others but Football and Basketball are also two very big interests of mine as well.
  • pan71cp
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new here. I love to cross stitch and build metal earth models and read alot. I love Dr who, studio ghibli, firefly, and enjoy star trek. I play borderlands, skyrim, and saints row.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Im all about retro gaming. Covered in Zelda (mostly Majora's Mask) and Resident Evil tattoos to show love for some of my all-time favorite game series as a kid.

I am also well-versed in gen-1 Pokemon, Batman, TMNT, old-school wrasslin', playing drums, and not sure how much these would go with the others but Football and Basketball are also two very big interests of mine as well.
    Majora's Mask 3D next week! I seem to remember that game being a bit of a pain, but I ordered it anyway! :P I think I have it on a gamecube disc still. it was a club Nintendo reward. has 4 Zelda games on it.

• kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love the new Dr, Superheroes (Marvel does better movies, although loving on Arrow & The Flash), Supernatural, Firefly (come on they should have had more seasons!) science fiction, fantasy, and tons and tons of books!
  • Sami_Rye
    Sami_Rye Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im a gamer, into mortal kombat and fallout alot. Add me for support
  • Tlw83
    Tlw83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm a big supernatural fan, I'm pretty crafty, crocheting, scrapbooking etc. I'm forever a boy band lover. Everybody add me. I'm also looking for weight loss support
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Beth" from the walking dead is going to be a villain on The Flash!!!
    Spider-Man is officially in the MCU!!!
    today is a good day! :)
  • vchan000
    vchan000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Of all the threads to jump in on I pick this one!

Paper novel collection just logged 1200, and the ebook collection sits somewhere in the 3500 range. Nearly all of it is fantasy or science fiction of various types with the exception of the "Bang the monster" subgenre (Laurell, Stephanie, I'm looking at you :neutral_face: ) Current flavor of the week is military science fiction and space navy stuff.

Avid tabletop gamer we've got a healthy collection of tabletop RPGs and board games and I've been known to drop into the PS3/4 for hours (weeks) at a time if they've released a decent game recently. (Dragon Age Inquisition was the first decent offering for PS4 that I've found. Unfortunately, it's finished now :( )

I can be found lurking at the local Scifi convention every year making horribly awkward conversation with the authors, (think Dragoncon but wee, not Comiccon or Gencon) who fortunately have lots of experience with that :) or attending the ritual Eye of Argon reading. (If you don't know that book, look it up. It's incredible, and gets even better when you read it in a group. Not the good incredible either.)

Lots of crafting supplies at home, not a lot of time at the moment to use them. Leatherwork, carpentry, soapmaking, anything else that catches my eye this month. I'd say my biggest hobby is collecting hobbies. I'm eying cosplay, but the T-51b Power Armor might be a bit ambitious for a first project.

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, have a great week! 178w606nypkl.jpg
  • HazelBug1987
    HazelBug1987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.

I too am a pc gamer. It was during the great red ring of death fiasco that I stopped being a filthy console peasant. ;)
  • jenniferk2015
    Options
    My weight loss goal is to be trim and in shape like Kara Thrace from Battlestar Galactica
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My weight loss goal is to be trim and in shape like Kara Thrace from Battlestar Galactica
    How amazing is Starbuck? Awesome!

• 77Ben42
    77Ben42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Too many posts to read, but I'm a fan of 'Doctor Who' since '82 and Peter Davison's era.
    Massive fan of 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' as well.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!