What Did You Do For Exercise Today?

Options

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Shoveled snow for a while at 4 degree F. Then went to the Rec Center and did 16 laps for 3.1 miles.
  • daninoholt2
    Options
    Crossfit !
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    1 board bench, close grip floor press, tricep work, back work, ghr and deficit deads.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Stair machine for 20 minutes, then I lifted.
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started insanity workout today!!! Way to cold to go outside. - 41c today here
  • swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Brand new to all this as of four weeks ago... Rest day from week 4 of CT5K... Squats, wall push-ups (I am so weak!), and 12-pound dumbbell bicep curls and chest press. Then went on a 25 minute walk with a 14:30 or so pace. 13 degrees here today!
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Shoveled an unbelievable amount of snow!
  • teresaryan67
    teresaryan67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cleaned today, moved furniture and etc.
  • bushy_brownies
    bushy_brownies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 hours of Krav Maga and 45 mins of elliptical
  • kaika_dragon
    kaika_dragon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I took a walk. Only about a mile, maybe, possibly less. But I've had horrible inertia lately, so doing anything at all is an achievement.
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today... not a damn thing yet. I'll go to PT after work to try and get my knee and back working again (yeah, getting old sucks) then off to the gym for chest and some cardio.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Same as yesterday. Biking and rollerblading brrr! And I will miss it over the next few days, we are getting nasty weather as I type this. I'm already restless.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Around here the roads and drivers conspire to make it so that even when I become more proficient on my bicycle, I'll probably never be able to venture onto public streets. It's just awful.

Are there any cycle routes, canal paths or parks nearby where you can go for a ride?

I do cycle on the roads, but that's because I'm a bit crazy and I know no fear. It's probably not as safe as I like to think it is.

Sadly no, nothing that would let me get to and from any stores or fun stuff. We do have a park with bike trails but there have been some crime issues, so I won't go alone.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Today was one rep max out on squat, strict press and deadlift. New old man PRs on all three lifts, +4% over my maxes from mid-December.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Half hour kettlebell workout.
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Went for an hour walk at -31C (burrr!) and cleaned the house.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    18 minutes on the stair master. 10 minutes at level 7 and 8 minutes at level 9. Then into my workout of:

1) 5x20 leg extensions (.45)

2) 5x15 leg press (.60)

3) Barbell squat athletic stance (workup to 60% of max then 8 sets of 8, (.60 rest)

4) Stiff legged deadlift 5x6 heavy reps (.60)

5) Hip thrust with strait bar on lap 5x12 (.45)

6) Standing calf raise 6 sets 20 reps (.45)

7) 5 sets reverse crunches on inclined bench

Rest is in seconds within the parenthesis.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I went for a two mile jog through the park. I am normally the slowest jogger you have ever seen (people *walk* faster than I jog!) but today I did it in 26 minutes, which was my fastest time ever. Yeyy!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    To the Y for NRFL-W (Stage2A#3) plus 18 min of intervals plus 36 min walking on the treadmill at a comfortable clip. The only good thing I can say about how it went is that it's over lol. You know how it is that some days you feel like you can leap tall buildings in a single bound? This was not one of them :expressionless:
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    walked on treadmill for 40 mins at 2.3