Share your regrets

Options
2»

Replies

• SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    you didn't read my post correctly "if we never failed at anything we would not LEARN half as much...doesn't say not remember, it says not to REGRET...big difference @Merkavar.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I regret not considering eating more natural fats earlier. I believed what I was told, that fat was just empty calories, dry foods was the way to go, and that good taste was somehow dangerous.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Why focus on the past and negatives that you cannot change? Move forward make better choices decisions now. I never regret anything at the time that was what I believed the best decision for me. Even if it wasn't I learned from it which was a positive. So I have no regrets failures are just an opportunity to learn so embrace them
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I seriously regret not forcing my Doctors to run more tests and instead did a lot of damage to myself with disordered and restricted eating.
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    _Zardoz_ wrote: »
    Why focus on the past and negatives that you cannot change? Move forward make better choices decisions now. I never regret anything at the time that was what I believed the best decision for me. Even if it wasn't I learned from it which was a positive. So I have no regrets failures are just an opportunity to learn so embrace them

Wait but you can change, that's the point of MFP. I tend to agree with you that you shouldn't regret the past, however you should learn from it! Which by context is what we are discussing to help others from making our mistakes.
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I regret not exercising after pregnancy. It's taken 4 years for me to do something about it.
    BUT I'm glad I didn't wait another 5 years to do something :)
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I regret relying on ephedra and not nutrition and fun exercise and learning to cook for myself to control my weight when I was younger. I should have at least taken a multivitamin.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Honestly... Sure, I wish I had eaten better when I was younger, so I wouldn't have the loose skin I have now... But man did I enjoy it.
    Ooci wrote: »
    I could have had a baby - possibly. My weight got so out of control that instead I grew a 10 cm endometrioma. I could never face IVF as I knew it wouldn't work with such a high BMI, even if I had found a clinic to take me on.
    The pain of this infertility made me depressed and actually fatter. I decided finally enough was enough and I lost the weight ( most of it) and stopped thinking about babies ( mostly).

I was close to obese when we did IVF, I was told to lose weight, but not in order to increase the chances as much as to make it easier if I got pregnant. Bottom line, they stimulated me too much and I ended up just making crappy eggs, and we had two failed frozen cycles... by then we didn't have enough money to throw away again so we decided to go for the 'sure' thing and use the money to adopt instead... so glad we did.

For what it's worth though, my sister went through the same thing and is really enjoying her child free life.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not starting to lift 15 years ago :'(
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I regret allowing myself to be obese literally since I was 12.

I regret stopping what lost me 50lbs ten years ago and gaining it back.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I regret that I didn't figure out something so simple that works sooner. I wasted a lot of time and energy in the past and got nowhere and now it is ridiculously easy to just log food and exercise a small amount and get results.
    I don't dwell on it though.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I regret taking a break from my diet/exercise routine over the holidays. I gained about five pounds and it took six weeks to get back to my weight before the holidays. I will never do that again. Waste of time.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I regret being lazy and thinking it could never get "that bad". Well, it did, and I am finally getting off of my butt and doing something about it!
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret is wasting my entire life so far being overweight and not making the right decisions and changes sooner.