WDW Princess Half Next Weekend - Anyone Going?

Options
My wife and I are doing the WDW Princess Half Marathon next weekend. Anyone else on here going?

It will be my wife's first half and my second. We did the WDW Tower of Terror 10 Miler in October, 2013, and it was a lot of fun.

Replies

• arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but I did complete the Disneyland Star Wars Half a month ago! I've also done the WDW Marathon (back in 2007). Good luck, to both of you! I hope you come back and post a race recap! :)
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Me! This is my second half and I'm running the 10k too (two extra medals, why not?)
  • gbel1975
    gbel1975 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    We missed out on getting registered for anything other than the half. Our kids are all doing the mile fun run Friday morning. My wife's been looking for a bib for the 5k but hasn't had luck.

Hope you do great, Acheben!
  • AbbyJaws2003
    AbbyJaws2003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will be there running with my sister and neice! It is the first half for all of us and I am so excited! Nervous but excited! Plus, getting out of the Minnesota weather is a huge bonus as well.... being able to run outside without 3 layers on will be great. :smiley:

Acheben, I wish that I would have signed up for the Glass Slipper too, next time for sure!

Best of Luck everyone!!!
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Good luck to you both on the half marathon. I'll be dressed as Belle in Corral J, hope to see you there! :)
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What a great place for your first half - actually any half - so much to see :-) I Just printed my waivers and now have to repair my tutu. Very excited!!!
    The Glass Slipper was sold out by the time I was able to register but I did get to register for all 3 events. I ran the Goofy in 2013, the whole reason I wanted to start running 9 years ago, the green soldiers were my favourite.
    a russell how was Star Wars? I did the Avengers 1/2 in November, I really missed the Disney characters BUT Snow White and The Seven Dwarves were on the carousel !!

Good luck everyone and enjoy the day!!! You are awesome!!
  • yellowradiates
    Options
    gbel I hope your wife can find a bib the 5k medals are always so cool. I agree acheben all about the medal :-) sorry stalling tutu repair required.
  • gbel1975
    gbel1975 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my wife wants the 5k medal since it's Elsa & Anna from Frozen. In that case it is all about the medal. A 5k race around here, and probably most places, ranges in price from $25 to $50. We're willing to pay $100 to $150 for the Princess 5k just b/c she wants that darn medal. LOL
  • yellowradiates
    Options
    Just think that song will be playing in you head all weekend...you may find someone at the registration or expo with an extra bib. Have you tried the Facebook page?
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What a great place for your first half - actually any half - so much to see :-) I Just printed my waivers and now have to repair my tutu. Very excited!!!
    The Glass Slipper was sold out by the time I was able to register but I did get to register for all 3 events. I ran the Goofy in 2013, the whole reason I wanted to start running 9 years ago, the green soldiers were my favourite.
    a russell how was Star Wars? I did the Avengers 1/2 in November, I really missed the Disney characters BUT Snow White and The Seven Dwarves were on the carousel !!

Good luck everyone and enjoy the day!!! You are awesome!!

Star Wars was amazing. :) We will be doing the 5k, 10k, and half marathon next year. The theme was great and I found the course was flat, fast, and I loved the portions through the park. Preferred it over the WDW Marathon. Never done another Disney half prior to this.

I have to say, Disney races are sooo expensive and the medals crack me up!! I just placed 2nd overall female at a local 5k and guess what I got? NADA (well, the satisfaction of saying I placed 2nd, I suppose!). But if you finish a 5k at Disney, you get a medal. Go figure! LOL They definitely cater to the crowd that wants a feel-good run experience. (Not saying that's a bad thing though!)